Healthcare Analyst, Data Insights
Guidepoint's Data Insights Team is seeking a driven, intellectually curious individual that is passionate about the healthcare space. The Analyst will support Guidepoint's TRACKER product and be an integral part of other healthcare initiatives. Guidepoint TRACKER is a proprietary survey dataset that monitors monthly medical device and drug utilization trends across ~20 different healthcare markets. TRACKER is a product that institutional investors and corporations rely on when assessing trends such as overall market growth, share shifts, new product adoption and pricing changes. Every month, the Analyst will gather, interpret and synthesize data on current market trends within the medical device and biopharmaceutical sectors.
Guidepoint TRACKER is looking to hire a Healthcare Analyst to join the growing team.
What You'll Do:
- Oversee and manage monthly volume and usage data collection from longitudinal panels of healthcare professionals and medical sites
- Review, prepare and approve data for twice monthly release cycles
- Understand the markets and products being tracked, manufacturers involved and competitive dynamics
- Analyze collected market data and be able to answer related client inquiries
- Research all sources of publicly available information on relevant markets and companies
- Perform statistical analyses to explain trends and support accompanying market figures by using MS Excel and database programs to manipulate large amounts of data
- Analyze and identify data trends and outliers through the use of time-series tables and graphs
- Become knowledgeable on past, current and potential future trends in the medical device and biopharmaceutical sectors
What You Have:
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in finance, economics, engineering, biology or other healthcare related disciplines
- 1-2 years of medical device or biopharmaceutical focused equity research, investment banking or market research experience is preferred
- Quick learner and self-starter with strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to express ideas clearly and concisely
What We Have:
- Competitive compensation
- Free snacks and beverages
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- 401(k) match, life insurance, commuter benefits, corporate gym rates, paid time-off and parental leave plans
- Friday happy hour and "Summer Fridays"
- Year-round corporate athletic league
- Casual work environment
Guidepoint, a leading expert network firm, connects clients with vetted subject matter experts-Advisors-from their global professional network. Guidepoint clients leverage the insights and perspectives shared by Advisors to stay informed and make better business decisions. Its slate of services, including phone consultations, surveys, events and proprietary data insights products, help professionals gain comprehensive understanding of a topic before making strategic or investment decisions. Guidepoint's multinational client list includes 9 of the top 10 consulting firms and some of the largest hedge funds, private equity firms and Fortune-ranked public companies.
Meet Some of Guidepoint's Employees
On the Healthcare Team, Renata acts as the primary point of contact for clients seeking to invest in the field, facilitating a dialogue between her clients and relevant experts.
Back to top