Head of Sales, Japan
- Tokyo, Japan
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced head of sales to join Guidepoint as the Head of Business Development Japan at Guidepoint’s regional office in Tokyo. The Head of Business Development will build, manage and run a growing Japanese sales team. Senior-level industry experience is a must, knowledge of selling into global and regional financial institutions and corporates. It is, therefore, vital that you are a passionate individual who wants to make a difference.
Guidepoint is a leading Expert Network firm serving some of the world’s largest MNC corporations, consulting firms, investment funds, and government bodies. We are currently growing very fast across Asia. Guidepoint gives investors, consultants, and professionals of all backgrounds the intelligence they need to clarify the uncertain and assuredly take essential decisions with ultimate confidence via insight and knowledge gained from vetted industry & subject-matter experts.
What You’ll Do:
• Reporting to APAC Director Head, help to develop a sales strategy designed to achieve revenue targets. Part of the regional and global sales team
• Strategic sales & account management planning from concept to execution across all industries in Japan. Deliver commercial path to aggressive, yet achievable, growth and profitability of the company
• Lead a team of sales professionals in Tokyo. Set the targets, vision and strategy for yourself and the team. Provide strong leadership, mentorship and direction to achieve agree-upon targets and performance metrics.
• Build and maintain relationships with prospective clients in Japan across the spectrum of institutional and investment firm clients. Proactively seek out opportunities.
• Communication of market developments to marketing and client service team. Skill to plan and deliver results in a highly demanding environment
What You Have:
• University degree from a top-tier institution
• 7+ years of sales experience with a focus on, or from within, the financial/investment sector.
• Excellent communicator capable of handling high-profile clients (Hedge Funds, Mutual Funds, Private Equity and Corporates). Demonstrated ability in establishing effective relationships with stakeholders.
• Ability to thrive within a fast-paced environment, entrepreneurial mindset, and an unwavering desire to succeed. Clearly demonstrated ability to work independently and within teams. Experience and comfort level working with executives.
• Native in Japanese, Fluency in English also preferred.
What We Have:
- Amazing office environment at WeWork Marounouchi
- Competitive compensation
- Japanese social insurance scheme
- Paid holidays
- Friday happy hour and “Summer Friday”
- Year round company sponsored sports and team building events
- Informal work environment
- Entrepreneurial, diverse, international culture
Guidepoint, a leading expert network firm, connects clients with vetted subject matter experts—Advisors—from their global professional network. Guidepoint clients leverage the insights and perspectives shared by Advisors to stay informed and make better business decisions. Its slate of services, including phone consultations, surveys, events and proprietary data insights products, help professionals gain comprehensive understanding of a topic before making strategic or investment decisions. Guidepoint’s multinational client list includes 9 of the top 10 consulting firms and some of the largest hedge funds, private equity firms and Fortune-ranked public companies. For more information, visit www.guidepoint.com.
Back to top