Front End Engineer
Guidepoint Global is a primary research firm based in NYC that provides customized research and consulting services to premier institutional investment firms that invest in the Healthcare, Technology, Energy, and Industrial industries. Guidepoint is looking for a talented Front End Engineer. The ideal candidate will be able to create real-time single page applications based on high fidelity prototypes for mobile and desktop platforms.
Who are you? You should be a frequent visitor to Stack Overflow. A bonus if you are a frequent contributor. You are self-taught, even if you went to school for Comp Sci or engineering. You've learned ten times the amount with on the job experience than in academia. You learn twice that on your own that you can't wait to apply professionally. You attend Meetups to learn new things and meet people with common interests.
- Use modern web technologies to design and code responsive applications
- Incorporate unit testing (Karma or Jasmine)
- Collaborate well with developers, product management and QA
- Familiar with Agile/Scrum development methodology (we use three week sprints)
- Code review peers
- Document technical implementations
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or similar
- 2+ years relative work experience
- Ability to solve complex design challenges with creativity, efficiency and with precision. Attention to detail is paramount
- Must be self-directed, confident and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication, both written and spoken with both technical and not-so-technical people
- Strong knowledge of related GitHub projects
- Comfortable in Linux/MacOS commandline environment
- Exposure to Jira, Confluence, FishEye/Crucible, Slack a plus
Meet Some of Guidepoint's Employees
As recent graduate, Donna is responsible for reaching out to experts who can help advise Guidepoints clients, facilitating those insightful interactions.
Back to top