Events Planning Associate
Guidepoint is an independent research firm that delivers customized research tools to our clients to facilitate their analysis of products, markets, and industries. We provide our clients with access to thousands of thought leaders in various fields through our Network of Advisors, a consortium of consultants comprised of eminent thought leaders, researchers, regulatory experts, and industry professionals. Portfolio managers and analysts interact with Advisors in private telephone consultations, through custom surveys, and by attending events led by Advisors at industry conferences. We serve some of the leading institutional investment firms. By using our services, investment professionals gain real time knowledge and insights into the Healthcare, Energy, Retail, Telecom, Technology, Media, Legal, and Consumer Goods and Services industries.
The Events Planning Associate will be responsible for assisting the Events Manager and the Events Team Lead in the organization and coordination of all company sponsored meetings and events including: breakfast/lunch meetings, educational seminars and groups meetings at medical events and conferences.
The Events Planning Associate will have the following primary duties:
- Oversee events details including site selection, travel arrangements, vendor selection, food and beverage services, etc.
- Research and identify potential event sites, overnight accommodations, catering, transportation, and recreational events and entertainment.
- Prepare expense budgets and negotiates contracts with vendors.
- Ensure all meeting materials are complete and accurate.
- Work closely with other team members to ensure successful execution of meetings.
- Previous relevant work experience in events and/or conference planning.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and persuasively, both verbally and textually.
- Exceptional organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Proficiency in MS-Office and Outlook.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task and to work under tight deadlines.
- Flexibility to work long and unpredictable hours.
- Availability to travel and attend meeting conferences.
- Proficient in the use of the internet for research.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team atmosphere.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
Favored applicants will have:
- Broad based knowledge of the healthcare industry.
- Ability to think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth.
Meet Some of Guidepoint's Employees
As recent graduate, Donna is responsible for reaching out to experts who can help advise Guidepoints clients, facilitating those insightful interactions.
Back to top