The Guidepoint Events team turns questions into answers. The team strategizes topics that our clients need to know about and delivers events that answers questions before our clients think to ask them. The team hosts teleconferences, in-person meetings, and custom events, featuring Advisors in our network that best fit featured topics.
The Events Lead will be responsible for organizing and coordinating company sponsored meetings and events including: teleconferences, breakfast/lunch meetings, educational seminars and domestic/international group meetings at events and conferences.
What You'll Do:
The Events Lead will have the following primary duties:
- Oversee global multi-day events logistics including site selection, travel arrangements, vendor selection, food and beverage services; research and identify potential event sites, overnight accommodations, catering, transportation, and recreational events and entertainment; prepare expense budgets and negotiate contracts
- Identify upcoming group meetings and client interest; coordinate the schedules of multiple speakers to ensure the best possible meeting agenda for given dates and times; confirm the location and schedule with all speakers in advance of meeting
- Send Events invitations to clients in advance of meetings; manage client RSVPs and compliance, assist in maximizing attendance at events, ensure events run successfully, conduct post event cost analyses and review client charges; ensure all meeting materials are complete and accurate
- Execute breaking and off-hour teleconferences with quick turnaround
- Manage strategic projects and initiatives, vendor relationships and negotiate new contracts
- Train new team members; Communicate with other teams to ensure events team growth and internal education
- Oversee client billing, compliance and service
What You Have:
- Previous relevant work experience in conference planning managing multi-day events
- Exceptional organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work under tight deadlines.
- Flexibility to work long and unpredictable hours. Available to travel and attend multi-day conferences
Favored applicants will have:
- 3+ years in an events role, with some supervisory or team lead experience
- Experience managing international corporate events
- Some experience training or leading a team
What We Have:
- Competitive compensation
- Free snacks and beverages
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- 401(k) match, life insurance, commuter benefits, corporate gym rates, paid time-off and parental leave plans
- Friday happy hour and "Summer Fridays"
- Year-round corporate athletic league
- Casual work environment
Guidepoint, a leading expert network firm, connects clients with vetted subject matter experts-Advisors-from their global professional network. Guidepoint clients leverage the insights and perspectives shared by Advisors to stay informed and make better business decisions. Its slate of services, including phone consultations, surveys, events and proprietary data insights products, help professionals gain comprehensive understanding of a topic before making strategic or investment decisions. Guidepoint's multinational client list includes 9 of the top 10 consulting firms and some of the largest hedge funds, private equity firms and Fortune-ranked public companies. For more information, visit www.guidepoint.com.
Back to top