Business Development Manager – Institutional (Dubai, UAE)
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Guidepoint is a leading Expert Network firm serving some of the world’s largest MNC corporations, consulting firms, investment funds, and government bodies. We are currently making great strides to expand our business across the Middle East, North Africa & Turkey, and we are investing in growing our Dubai-based teams based at our offices in the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC).
Guidepoint gives investors, consultants, and professionals of all backgrounds the intelligence they need to clarify the uncertain and assuredly take important decisions with ultimate confidence via insight and knowledge gained from vetted industry & subject-matter experts.
Our specialized consultants and advisors can answer the toughest and most pressing business questions – and connections can be organized in as little as 1-2 days.
Guidepoint is the expert at finding expertise, and since 2003, we have set up hundreds of thousands of project engagements between our global clients and experts sourced from +190 countries. Guidepoint’s 14 offices on three continents provide 24/7, quick and agile service. For more information, visit www.guidepoint.com.
Guidepoint is seeking qualified candidates for an open position in business development at Guidepoint’s regional office in the UAE. Applicants would be responsible for selling access to our subscription-based research service and all other Guidepoint products and services. This role focuses primarily on sales to regional Private Equity firms, Asset Managers, Investment Banks, large Family Offices, and Sovereign Wealth Fund clients.
- Develop a sales strategy designed to achieve revenue targets.
- Generate immediate revenue by capitalizing on existing relationships in the sector.
- Build upon your existing strong knowledge and understanding of the competitive institutional landscape and be able to effectively articulate our value proposition accordingly.
- Work with Marketing Dept to develop lead generation campaigns.
- Work independently to drive sales plans and achieve targets set for the institutional sector.
- Build and maintain relationships with prospective clients within specified MENA + Turkey markets
- Proactively seek out opportunities via desktop research and leveraging existing contacts/network.
- Cold calling & email introductions necessary. Attending relevant industry events as needed.
- Develop and maintain a robust & healthy pipeline of qualified prospects from regional Private Equity firms, Asset Managers, Investment Banks, Family Offices, and Sovereign Wealth Funds.
- Work with a team and leverage all internal resources available to supplement & support your role.
- Have regular and consistent prospect meetings/calls scheduled in daily and weekly cycles.
- Report and provide client/prospect feedback to sales leaders and higher management.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Mandatory 4-7 years of fund/investment firm experience, or a B-to-B sales role focused on the financial/investment sector.
- Evidence of strong relationships within regional PE firms, SWFs, Asset Management firms, etc.
- Experience in managing sales processes, from lead generation to relationship management.
- A sales/BD professional able to handle complex institutional clients at different levels of seniority.
- Highly astute research and planning capabilities. Must show high levels of organization.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate confidently, effectively and persuasively, over the phone, in writing, and face-to-face.
- Clearly demonstrated ability to work independently and within teams.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Familiarity with using Salesforce and similar CRM applications.
Preference to applicants who have:
- Experience with selling a subscription-based B-to-B information service.
- A marketing or sales-related bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Ability to think creatively and capitalize on opportunities for growth.
- A go-getter attitude with initiative and ability to handle increasing responsibility over time.
- Ability to utilize analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Superior organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Fluency in English, with preference for a strong second language.
What we have:
- Competitive compensation with a highly attractive performance-based commission
- Top notch international private medical coverage.
- Fun, entrepreneurial work environment with like-minded & compelling coworkers.
- Well stocked pantry to fuel yourself.
- Team outings, events, & activities.
Back to top