Business Development Manager, Corporate Clients
- Seoul, South Korea
Guidepoint operates out of 12 offices worldwide with over 700 employees and 560,000 experts in our network. Our Client Service and Business Development teams are continually expanding to adapt to the explosive development in client business for corporates, institutional investors and consulting houses. Our Asian presence has been growing rapidly since 2009.
Guidepoint’s Business Development teams are passionate about expanding our reach with both new and existing clients. We support all Guidepoint’s service offerings, helping to build relationships and communicate how Guidepoint helps clients stay informed and make better business decisions. Our teams are motivated to provide custom offerings designed to help every potential client make the most of their partnership with Guidepoint
We are seeking qualified candidates for a senior corporate business development position. The person will be responsible for selling access to our subscription-based research service to various business units within corporations such as marketing, corporate development, strategy, business development and market research.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
• Generate revenue by selling access to our subscription-based primary research service
• Develop a sales strategy designed to achieve revenue targets set by sales management
• Build and maintain relationships with corporate executives in corporate development, strategy, sales and marketing, business development and competitive intelligence functions
• Meet with prospective and existing clients
• Offer and conduct presentations, workshops, trainings to clients
• Develop and maintain a robust pipeline of qualified prospects
• Book consistent prospect meetings through the activities above plus cold calling accounts and attending industry networking events
• Develop a working knowledge of the industries that Guidepoint Global covers
• Work with the client service team to ensure delivery on every project
• Develop a strong knowledge and understanding of the competitive landscape and be able to effectively articulate our value proposition
• Gather client feedback to better understand individual account/client needs, and support implementation of new measures
WHAT YOU HAVE:
• 4+ years of sales, business development, banking, business consulting and/or account management experience.
• Excellent communicator capable of handling high-profile clients (Corporates, Private Equity, Hedge Funds, and so forth) with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and persuasively, both verbally and textually
• Skilled in identifying new opportunities; ideally first track record of managing a diverse client base
• Broad-based knowledge of the sales process, including relationship management
• A desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
• Knowledge of different buying centers in corporates, and key player-types (e.g. Strategy)
• Ability to think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth
• Initiative and ability to handle increasing responsibility over time
• Ability to utilize superior analytical and critical thinking skills
• Superior organizational skills
• Meticulous attention to detail
WHAT WE HAVE:
• Competitive compensation
• Paid annual leave
• Quarterly team building events
• Informal and multicultural work environment
Guidepoint, a leading expert network firm, connects clients with vetted subject matter experts—Advisors—from their global professional network. Guidepoint clients leverage the insights and perspectives shared by Advisors to stay informed and make better business decisions. Its slate of services, including phone consultations, surveys, events and proprietary data insights products, help professionals gain comprehensive understanding of a topic before making strategic or investment decisions. Guidepoint’s multinational client list includes 9 of the top 10 consulting firms and some of the largest hedge funds, private equity firms and Fortune-ranked public companies. For more information, visit www.guidepoint.com.
Meet Some of Guidepoint's Employees
Audrey L.Project Manager
Audrey is the primary point of contact for projects. She receives the initial request from a client, refines the scope of their research, and then pairs them with the perfect expert to fit their needs.
Back to top