Application Support Associate
Guidepoint, the experts at finding expertise, is a leading expert network firm that connects business decision-makers with experts across the world. At Guidepoint, we help to answer professionals' most pressing business questions by connecting them with the most insightful industry experts. Since 2003, Guidepoint has set up more than 500,000 interactions between experts and business decision-makers across the world.
Our multinational client list includes seven of the top 10 global consulting firms, seven of the top 10 largest hedge funds, and many of the largest private equity firms and Fortune-ranked companies. Guidepoint's nine offices on three continents provide 24/7, quick and agile service. For more information, visit www.guidepoint.com
We are currently seeking a Helpdesk Support candidate. This individual will be a point of contact when assisting customers for Password resets, network troubleshooting, software/hardware troubleshooting and incident reports. Furthermore, this role will include, but not limited to, answering calls, creating service tickets, assisting callers with issues, documenting said issues and resolutions, and re-routing calls/ help tickets as applicable.
- Responds promptly to requests for support via email, phone and in person as needed.
- Responsible for troubleshooting applications, providing technical support and problem solving to both internal end users and global customers.
- Exhibits a high level of professionalism and is passionate about providing outstanding customer service.
- Documents status of cases and provides updates to management, team and end users.
- Provides timely resolution of problems or escalation on behalf of customer to technical staff or management.
- Works with the Development team, QA, Systems Administrators, and other teams to identify and resolve escalations and outages.
- Maintains user accounts, passwords, data integrity, system access & security within policy.
- Initiates and tracks service requests.
- Maintains standard operating procedures, best practices and helpdesk guidelines.
- Participates in on boarding and training team members.
- Advise end users on appropriate action.
- Drives quality and adherence to best practices within the team.
- May be required to be available for afterhours support, including weekends.
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in IT Support in a professional environment.
- Experience with support ticket management and tracking.
- Strong customer service, problem solving and teamwork abilities.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Utilize excellent customer service skills and exceed customers' expectations.
- Experience with Technical writing.
- Very detail-oriented.
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills including the ability to differentiate hardware and software issues.
- Ability to learn quickly and independently.
- Basic knowledge of Windows operating systems, Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer and other web browsers email applications and mobile devices.
- Hungry to learn from the ground up.
- Knowledge of JIRA.
- Basic SQL query writing.
- Experience with Agile Software Development Methodology
- Knowledge and experience of customer service practices
- Experience working with an independent research expert network.
Meet Some of Guidepoint's Employees
As recent graduate, Donna is responsible for reaching out to experts who can help advise Guidepoints clients, facilitating those insightful interactions.
Back to top