ABOUT THE POSITION:
Guggenheim Insurance Services is seeking a Web Developer. Reporting to the Head of Development, this person will join a small team, working with the latest technology and be given the opportunity to learn the business. The candidate’s primary responsibility will be to enhance and improve the web portal, and develop new visualization tools for the group. The candidate should be familiar with the latest web technologies and should have experience in delivering real-time data to browsers. The team uses Python and generally prefers open-source tools. The group uses various market data feeds from Bloomberg, Markit, and Reuters. They also use Microsoft Azure, Berkeley Labs Scientific Cluster, and are building their own internal Hadoop cluster. There is opportunity for growth for the right candidate, and additional responsibilities will be given depending on how quickly the system is learned. The Web Developer position is located in New York.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Maintain and improve the existing web portal
- Develop new visualization tools for the web portal
- Reduce latency on web-based applications
- Make enhancements and code changes as needed
- Handle any after-hours support if necessary
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Mid-level professional with 3-6 years of related experience
- Charting libraries like Highcharts or similar
- Web frameworks like Flask, Bottle, Django, Celery
- Familiar with servers such as Internet Information Server (IIS) and Tomcat
- Middle-tier caching tools like Redis
- Browsers: Chrome & IE
- Proactive and solutions-oriented; innovative and results-driven
- Ability to share code and participate in the development of software with multiple contributors
- Ability to absorb new information quickly
- Comfortable juggling multiple projects and managing time independently
- Excellent communication skills
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Back to top