Vice President, Performance Attribution
Guggenheim is seeking a driven, detail-oriented manager to join its performance team. Reporting to the Head of Investment Performance, this person will be in charge of managing the attribution arm of the performance team. The attribution team produces reports for Portfolio Management, Marketing, Distribution, internal consultants and other business partners on all of Guggenheim Investments' portfolios. Strategies covered include bonds, municipals, equities, derivatives, bank loans, structured securities and many more. The ideal candidate must have performance attribution experience with a wide variety of these strategies. In addition to strong problem solving skills, the ideal candidate will be extremely thorough and thoughtful while having the confidence and communication skills to interact with various departments and levels of management within the company. The candidate must have previous experience managing others.
This role presents an opportunity to join a team that sits at the 'hub' of Guggenheim Investments at an exciting time of growth and evolution at all levels of the company. The performance team is currently implementing a new performance system that will provide in-depth attribution and security level reporting. The candidate would be in charge of managing the performance attribution portion of this project and ensuring a successful roll-out. The position is located in the Chicago office. Limited travel may be required for this role.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Provide best-in-class service by ensuring that all performance attribution reports are accurate and sent in a timely manner. Ensure that appropriate quality control checks have been completed and continue to enhance controls as necessary.
- Manage and provide mentoring to individuals on the team focused specifically on attribution and security level analysis. Maintain a focus on longer term talent development.
- Oversee the implementation of a new performance attribution reporting tool and ensure that the team is on track to meet specific project milestones.
- Act as the firm's expert on fixed income attribution. Liaise with Portfolio Construction, Portfolio Management, Marketing and other internal groups to interpret results.
- Manage the team's workload and ensure that junior team members have the support and resources needed to complete work in a timely and efficient manner.
- Oversee the management of all benchmarks. Work with our external service provider to maintain the highest quality level of data.
- Challenge current processes and procedures in an effort to reduce redundancies.
- Troubleshoot underlying data issues and work with upstream groups to ensure issues are identified and remediated.
- Support the overall team on ad hoc work as needed.
Skills & Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or economics
- At least 7 years of experience in an investment performance role with at least 3 years in an attribution focused role
- Significant time spent in a managerial role
- Must have a sound understanding of derivatives and complex fixed income securities including structured securities and bank loans
- Must have experience with how yield curves and other fixed income analytics affect the overall attribution calculations.
- Must be able to effectively interpret and communicate attribution results to senior stakeholders
- Must be hands-on and be willing to roll up their sleeves to perform any and all responsibilities needed to ensure success
- Must be comfortable adapting to ever-changing deadlines and requirements
- CFA and/or CIPM designation preferred
- Advanced Excel skills required. VBA and/or SQL experience is a plus
- Experience with Bi-SAM or StatPro attribution tools is a plus
- Experience with large system implementations is a plus
About Guggenheim Investments
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Investment Research Analyst
Maria works on the Macroeconomics and Investment Research Team in the Santa Monica Office. She analyzes financial trends to help Guggenheim identify optimal investment solutions and monitor risks for their clients.
Back to top