Vice President Information Technology
Guggenheim Life and Annuity Company is seeking an experienced and dynamic leader for the Information Technology department. Reporting to the Managing Director Information Technology, this individual will have overall responsibility for all IT functions for Guggenheim Life and Annuity Company including network services, application development and operations, network architecture, development and maintenance of all internal applications, data conversions for acquisitions, and acquiring and modifying business systems as necessary to support business unit and Corporate initiatives. In addition to extensive work implementing generally accepted application architecture methodologies, including agile methodology, tools, and techniques, the ideal candidate will demonstrate an ability to lead multiple project teams in a deadline driven multi-layered integrated organization. Advanced experience managing overall technology and the software infrastructure needed to support the annuity insurance business is required, as are exceptional team management, communication, and diplomacy skills, and the ability to successfully interact with technical and non-technical users at all levels of the organization. The position is located in Indianapolis IN.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Consolidates, analyzes and maintains long-range network and application architecture plans to capitalize on technological enhancements, capabilities and improvements in conjunction with business unit and Company strategies, including product lines, use of resources (both human and technological), and acquisitions and mergers.
- Plans, organizes and controls network and application IT projects to meet Corporate requirements in terms of content and timing.
- Enforces network and systems development standards. Oversees the documentation of standards and methodologies employed on all systems and architecture.
- Develops and monitors annual budget for all information technology systems and applications, including but not limited to hardware, software, and internal and external resources, in order to maintain existing systems and applications and support corporate strategic goals that utilize technology solutions.
- Develops, leads and trains programming staff to meet or exceed department goals and objectives. Is involved in the interviewing, hiring and training of new employees, evaluates performance and makes decisions regarding employment status and compensation. Coaches and motivates staff to continuously provide highest level of service to customers.
- Stays abreast of evolving technology, industry requirements and trends. Implements and forecasts enhancements to network and systems development methodology based on changes in development tools, industry best practices and systems development life cycles.
- Provides technical expertise for programming and/or network applications as needed.
Skills & Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree in business or IT-related area of concentration, or equivalent training or experience commensurate with degree.
- Professional insurance industry and technical designations such as FLMI, CLU, AAPA, or PMP are very helpful.
- Minimum of 15+ years insurance industry experience, including 5-7 years in software development and 5-10 years supervisory, technical leadership or project management experience in an IT environment.
- Strong understanding of systems and software development life cycles, and using development tools.
- Strong command of annuity products plus accounting, actuarial, and regulatory issues affecting the insurance industry.
- Ability to negotiate with internal and external contacts regarding projects and deliverables.
- Ability to establish and meet deadlines, manage multiple concurrent tasks and large-scale projects, and motivate staff to complete projects on time.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and superior communication skills.
In addition, the ideal candidate will be or have
- Creativity and innovation
- Critical thinking
- Oral communication
- Customer focused
- Knowing the business
About Guggenheim Life and Annuity Company
Guggenheim Life and Annuity Company, a subsidiary of Guggenheim Partners, provides financial services to institutional and retail customers through fixed annuity products distributed through networks of independent marketing organizations (IMOs) and agents nationwide. For more information about Guggenheim Life and Annuity Company, please visit: www.guggenheimlife.com.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives
Darrin heads Guggenheim’s Cross-Functional Project Team in the Chicago Office. He focuses his energies on high-priority management, operations, and sales distribution investment projects.
Back to top