About the Position
Guggenheim Investments is seeking an exceptional Valuation Analyst to join its newly created model valuation team. Reporting to Guggenheim Partners Investments Management's Valuation Manager, this individual will be responsible for validating and performing valuation analysis on various hard to value financial instruments within various industries using market accepted approach and theory. Ideal candidate will have relevant prior modeling experience in one or more of the following financial products: structured securities (e.g. ABS, CLO), private debt, private equity, and bank loans. The position is located in New York City.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Design and / or validation of existing valuation models for hard to value assets
- Assist in completion and validation of pricing of hard to value securities on monthly / quarterly basis.
- Coordinate with 3rd party valuation service providers to ensure valuation reports are completed in timely manner.
- Document all key decision making rationale and model assumptions and build support files
Skills & Experience Required
- At least 2+ years of prior credit analysis experience within an investment bank or buy- side investment manager
- Experience in building highly complex valuation models in MS Excel
- Familiarity with financial services applications including but not limited to Capital IQ, Bloomberg, Intex etc.
- Prior modeling experience in structured securities (e.g., ABS, CLO), private debt, private equity, bank loans and derivatives.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as strong team building, interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel
- Highly collaborative and able to work efficiently and effectively in both team and individual environments
- Highly motivated team player with ability to deliver under time constraints
- CFA, CVA, CPA or other relevant professional designation or working towards one strongly preferred but not required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business from an accredited college/university
About Guggenheim Investments
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives
Darrin heads Guggenheim’s Cross-Functional Project Team in the Chicago Office. He focuses his energies on high-priority management, operations, and sales distribution investment projects.
Back to top