Temp. to Hire Executive Assistant
Guggenheim is seeking an exceptional Executive Assistant to join its executive administration team on a temp to hire basis. This position will support the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and Chief of Staff (COS) to the COO, reporting to the COS. The successful candidate will have experience with the general administrative duties of the position, will possess strong organizational and time management skills, and will demonstrate a desire to contribute to a collaborative and dynamic team environment. This position is located in Chicago.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Manages clerical, administrative, organizational, and related matters, including but not limited to: managing a high volume of calls and email correspondence; coordinating calls and meetings; maintaining office organization; arranging travel; preparing various documents and materials; and handling invoices and expense reports
- Professionally responds to callers and guests, give appropriate information as directed, route calls to other persons as necessary, and ensure that messages are received and conveyed promptly
- Coordinates with COS to manage COO calendar, including call and meeting requests and processes for handling same, and proactively organize necessary material for calls, meetings, and travel
- Coordinates with COS on internal and external meeting preparation/participation, which may include preparing agenda, arranging meeting facilities, coordinating with other administrative staff, participants, and/or information presenters
- Manages travel arrangements, including: preparing itinerary/trip files; apprising other staff as necessary; coordinating materials/supplies; coordinating hotels/meetings/meals; and completing expense reports
- Mindful of deadlines on incoming requests and takes action or asks for direction as needed and apprises COS of matters that require immediate COO attention or follow-up
- Adept in Microsoft Office suite and is experienced in preparing presentations, organization charts, and documents
- Provides back-up support to other members of executive management administration team in support of executive management
- Performs other related duties as needed and reasonably requested
Skills & Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum two years related Executive Administrative Assistant experience
- Computer skills to include demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Constant and active time management of professional's daily meetings and calls
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Organized, detail oriented and extremely thorough while having the confidence and communication skills to ensure work processes are completed accurately and appropriately
- Must be hands-on and be willing to "dive in" to perform any and all responsibilities needed to ensure success
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, with a willingness to share in both the "big picture" thinking and organizational tasksAbility to succeed in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, with a willingness to share in both the "big picture" thinking and organizational tasksAbility to succeed in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Must successfully pass a background and credit check
- Must be available to work nights and/or weekends as reasonably requested
- Located in Chicago office with potential infrequent travel to other office locations
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Investment Research Analyst
Maria works on the Macroeconomics and Investment Research Team in the Santa Monica Office. She analyzes financial trends to help Guggenheim identify optimal investment solutions and monitor risks for their clients.
Back to top