Tax Operations Associate
About the Position
Guggenheim Partners is seeking an exceptional Tax Operations Associate to join its team. This person will be the central contact for maintaining compliance with US FATCA, UK CDOT and CRS tax compliance for Guggenheim Partners Investment Management (GPIM) and related entities. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, organized and comfortable interacting across multiple teams and levels.
This role presents an opportunity to sit at the ‘hub’ of Guggenheim Investments at an exciting time of growth and evolution at all levels of the company. The position is located in the Chicago office.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Monitor and oversee the service providers to support US FATCA, UK CDOT and CRS tax compliance
- Collaborate with Accounting, Onboarding, Corporate Tax, Client Service and other functional groups to obtain account holder tax related documents
- Act as a liaison between Corporate Tax and internal and external parties with regard to tax related escalations and questions
- Monitor and report key progress metrics to assist the business with meeting annual Tax Compliance reporting milestones
- Maintain account holder records to support internal and external audit requirements
- Maintain GPIM’s procedures and Tax Compliance job aids. Work with Corporate Tax to identify changes in the law and implement improvements
- Ensure third-party tax related requests are handled by the appropriate team
- Perform other activities with their team in addition to providing guidance for other team member(s) supporting responsibilities above
Skills & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Three to five years’ experience in financial services or investment management
- US FATCA, UK CDOT and CRS tax reporting and tax compliance experience required
- Knowledge of legal documents used to onboard and validate accounts
- Ability to work in high paced environment to manage a multi-stream workload
- Project management experience preferred, detailed oriented with ability to prioritize and organize workload
- Proven track record in delivering value-add results while working under pressure and tight deadlines
- Strong problem-solving skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to forge strong relationships across functions with internal contacts
About Guggenheim Investments
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Back to top