About the Position
Guggenheim Investments is seeking a seasoned professional to join its Alternative Investments Tax Team. This position will lead and manage the tax compliance function for private commingled funds (hedge funds, hybrid funds etc.), structured securitization vehicles (CLOs, aircraft financing deals, real estate financing) and SPVs. The product exposure runs the gamut but is primarily credit focus (bank loans, bonds, ABS, structured products).
The position will provide the person with an opportunity to gain some exposure to the planning and structuring side as the person continues to work on the compliance side of the business. The right individual will be smart, diligent, self-motivated and will be excited to broaden his/her experience. The Tax Manager is going to be reporting to the Tax Director and will sit in the NY office.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Assume full responsibility for all tax compliance administration and provide expert guidance on a broad range of tax compliance matters
- Manage the tax service providers
- Assume full responsibility for all partnership, corporations and other tax engagements
- Review partner tax allocations, tax adjustments, Schedules K-1, and Forms 1065
- Prepare and review tax estimates
- Participate in tax planning and monitoring of book vs. tax return differences throughout the year
- Ensure accurate completion of Schedules K-1 and tax filings by applicable deadlines
- Prepare and review written responses to tax notices from various federal and state tax agencies
Skills & Experience Required
- Active CPA
- At least 7 years of tax experience in the hedge fund/alternative investment industry
- International tax experience is a plus
- Strong technical tax knowledge in dealing with credit products
- Comprehensive and broad based experience in federal and state tax law; substantive understanding of tax compliance
- Must have a demonstrated hands-on approach and success in working in a team-based environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization, time management and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to take initiative and critically analyze processes and procedures in a push toward constant improvement
- Learning agile, able to adapt quickly and appropriately in accordance with the constant evolution of the company and industry
About Guggenheim Investments
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives
Darrin heads Guggenheim’s Cross-Functional Project Team in the Chicago Office. He focuses his energies on high-priority management, operations, and sales distribution investment projects.
Back to top