Supervisor Annuity Administration
Guggenheim Life and Annuity is seeking an experienced supervisor for the Agency Administration department. Reporting to the Senior Vice President – Annuity Administration, this individual will join a highly collaborative team responsible for processing new business applications and transactions for existing annuity contracts, and agency administration, including agent licensing and commission payments. As supervisor you will direct and guide staff to achieve department goals and objectives within established service delivery expectations; represent the needs of the work units for product implementation and system enhancements; train and mentor representatives to assure cohesive work units; and ensure department and Company policies and procedures are applied correctly and are appropriately documented. Prior work (4-6 years) of related experience with customer service, call center and/or agency administration in a life insurance/annuity processing center, in addition to 3 – 5 years life insurance/annuity supervisory experience is required.
You will have an opportunity to apply your excellent managerial skills and further develop your overall knowledge of the financial services industry in a fast paced and growing operation center.
The position is located on the north side of Indianapolis, Indiana.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Supervises staff including coaching and counseling representatives, evaluating performance, conducting performance reviews, maintaining attendance records, ensuring department and company practices and procedures are followed, ensuring adequate coverage and assisting with the hiring process. Motivates staff to continuously provide highest level of service to customers within service delivery standards for accuracy, timeliness, and productivity.
- Audits work of subordinates to ensure timeliness, thoroughness, completeness and accuracy in the most efficient manner possible. Approves completed financial transactions, including check approval within delegated authority. Ensures service delivery expectations are met.
- Administers and coordinates agency activity, including agent appointments, licensing, commissions and income tax reporting for agents.
- Administers and coordinates new business funding activity, including processes for applying incoming checks/payments within the annuity administration system, processing financial transactions, premium and suspense reconciliation and balancing, and monthly invoicing.
- Investigates and implements new or changes to procedures, reorganization of work, and training of new and current staff. Researches processing problems or issues as necessary and recommends system modifications and enhancements. Is involved in software testing and development for new or enhanced Administration applications.
- Participates in multi-department ad-hoc committees regarding product and system developments and administration, new product implementation, commission changes, administrative changes to contracts, special promotions and customer notices or announcements.
- Works with internal departments, such as Actuarial, Accounting, Marketing, Regulatory Compliance and IT to research and implement changes and/or solutions for common objectives or issues.
- Keeps abreast of compliance regulations, including anti-fraud, money laundering, and other red flags that may indicate potential fraudulent or inaccurate processing that deviates from standard procedures.
- Assists with and provides backup for work teams depending upon volume of incoming and outstanding transactions.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Associates or Bachelor degree or commensurate practical experience
- Professional designations or demonstrated work toward achieving designations such as LOMA's Fellow/Associate Life Management Institute, (FLMI/ALMI), Fellow Secure Retirement Institute (FSRI), Associate in Annuity Products and Administration (AAPA), Associate in Customer Service (ACS), Associate Insurance Regulatory Compliance (AIRC), and/or Associate Insurance Agency Administration (AIAA).
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years supervising employees in a life insurance-industry related field, with life and annuity business preferred.
- Minimum of 4-6 years of related experience with customer service, call center, agency administration, life insurance/annuity processing.
- Solid understanding of life insurance and/or annuity products and processing requirements, state regulated agent licensing requirements, and a solid understanding of income tax applications for agents and policy/contract owners.
- Strong research, analytical, problem solving, organizational, and math skills
- Proven ability to manage teams in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment without losing sight of customer service requirements
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
- Exceptional time management skills, including ability to multi-task and work with shifting priorities, meeting tight deadlines and timetables
- Must be detail oriented and able to make decisions independently
- Advanced knowledge of administration/processing applications, including work flow applications, such as OnBase
- Excellent computer skills with thorough understanding of Microsoft applications including advanced Word and Excel skills, Visio, and client relations management applications (CRM)
In addition, the ideal candidate will be or will have:
- Professional communication, demeanor and diplomacy
- Innovative and inquisitive
- Intuitive, problem solver, analytical
- Responsible, reliable and accountable
- Organized, multi-tasking, ability to deliver under pressure
- ·Self-driven to achieve results
About Guggenheim Life and Annuity Company
Guggenheim Life and Annuity Company, a subsidiary of Guggenheim Partners, provides financial services to institutional and retail customers through fixed annuity products distributed through networks of independent marketing organizations and agents nationwide.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives
Darrin heads Guggenheim’s Cross-Functional Project Team in the Chicago Office. He focuses his energies on high-priority management, operations, and sales distribution investment projects.
Back to top