Guggenheim is seeking a detail-oriented Staff Accountant to join our Chicago office. This role is a corporate accounting position providing dedicated professional accounting services to the Company's corporate holding entities. Accounting responsibilities include review and approval of invoices, journal and other ledger entries, monthly close procedures, and account reconciliations.
This is an entry level position reporting to the Assistant Controller.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Review and approve supplier invoice coding
- Record various journal entries such as expense accruals and prepaid amortization
- Complete daily bank reconciliations
- Reconcile various general ledger accounts including prepaids, fixed assets and accruals
- Support Assistant Controller with special requests/projects as they arise
Skills & Experience Required
- Accounting degree (CPA or partial completion preferred)
- 1-3 years corporate accounting experience
- Experience with financial services businesses a plus
- Strong computer skills specifically Excel; HFM experience a plus
- Superior organizational skills and ability to manage multiple assignments a must
- Commitment to getting job done and flexibility to adapt to the needs of a dynamic growth environment
- Detail-oriented, commitment to quality and hard work
- Works efficiently and effectively in both team and individual environments
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Investment Research Analyst
Maria works on the Macroeconomics and Investment Research Team in the Santa Monica Office. She analyzes financial trends to help Guggenheim identify optimal investment solutions and monitor risks for their clients.
Back to top