Sr. Mutual Fund Administrator
About the Position
Guggenheim is seeking an exceptional individual to join its Fund Administration team. Reporting to the Manager of Fund Administration, this person will join a highly collaborative team responsible for monitoring and analyzing fund expenses and preparing financial statements. The successful candidate will have experience in the financial services industry and be comfortable interacting with all levels of management in a team environment.
The role presents an opportunity to maintain regulatory compliance by preparing information for required filings, including financial reports and responding to audit requests. The position is located in the firm's Chicago, IL office.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Prepare annual and semi-annual financial reports.
- Prepare fund expenses, including allocation, review and analysis.
- Review of various regulatory filings for '33 Act and '40 Act products, including Registration Statement Forms S-3, S-1, and N-1A, and Forms N-SAR, N-CSR, NQ, 24f-2, etc.
- Assist external departments in the creation of prospectuses.
- Prepare deliverables for fund audits and respond to auditor requests during examinations.
- Perform quarterly IRS and SEC compliance testing.
- Complete various third party fund surveys and ad hoc requests.
- Assist in new fund setup including acquisition of CUSIPs and ticker symbols.
- Provide work direction, coaching and training to junior staff members.
- Complete other departmental duties as assigned.
Skills & Experience Required
- At least 3 years of Accounting work experience.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, economics, or business.
- Mutual fund and/or investment industry experience a plus.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet stringent deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong computer, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to identify and effectively communicate issues affecting assigned funds.
- Ability to work both individually and within a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
About Guggenheim Investments
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives
Darrin heads Guggenheim’s Cross-Functional Project Team in the Chicago Office. He focuses his energies on high-priority management, operations, and sales distribution investment projects.
Back to top