Spring Fund Admin/Tax Intern
About The Position:
Guggenheim Investments is seeking an organized and detail oriented Fall Semester Intern for the Fund Administration team within Operations. The Fund Administration Intern will assist with projects and tasks related to processing and analyzing expenses, preparing financial statements, preparing regulatory filings, responding to audit requests, and producing reports for Guggenheim closed-end funds, exchange-traded funds, and open-end mutual funds.
This internship presents an opportunity to maintain fund regulatory compliance within a highly regulated industry. The position is located in the firm’s Chicago, IL office and is paid per hour based on 20 hours per week. This internship will be offered in the spring semester.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
Assist team members with preparing, reviewing, and filing fund semi-annual and annual shareholder reports, including schedules of investment, financial statements, and disclosures. Assist with various regulatory filings including form N1A, NSAR, and NCSR. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Running, saving, and printing necessary reports from various systems of record.
- Comparing data in Confluence to Bloomberg downloads.
- Gathering plot point data and creating “Growth of $10,000” charts.
- Entering data into spreadsheets to create “Expense Example” tables.
- Running total return calculations in Confluence and printing support content for audit books.
- Using Excel v-lookups and pivot tables to generate portfolio characteristics data.
- Footing and cross-checking blue line drafts.
- Performing quality review of financial reports received from the typesetter to catch typographical, pagination, or other issues.
- Performing miscellaneous office duties as assigned, including researching, documenting, printing, and filing.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Currently enrolled in a four year undergraduate program with at least two years completed.
- Accounting major or minor, strongly preferred.
- Desire to learn about the Investment Management business and Investment Operations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products – especially Excel.
- Ability to start internship in early September and go through mid-December 2015.
- Ability to work at least 20 hours per week.
About Guggenheim Investments:
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives
Darrin heads Guggenheim’s Cross-Functional Project Team in the Chicago Office. He focuses his energies on high-priority management, operations, and sales distribution investment projects.
Back to top