Guggenheim is seeking an exceptional Software Engineer to join its IT Applications team. Reporting to the Lead Software Engineer, this person will join a highly collaborative team responsible for designing, developing, modifying, adapting and implementing short- and long-term solutions to information technology (IT) needs through new and existing applications, systems architecture, and network systems and applications infrastructure. In addition, this group reviews system requirements and business processes and codes, tests, debugs and implements software solutions. The ideal candidate will be able to implement systems software engineering policies and procedures and industry best practices, solve a range of complex problems, often taking a new perspective to identify and deliver solutions, and apply compliance requirements within scope of responsibility, provide documentation as necessary, and participate in compliance activities as required. The Software Engineer role presents an opportunity to develop information systems by designing, developing, supporting and maintaining software, serve as a mid-level, independent contributor with advanced expertise in their area of responsibility, develop and builds modules of application systems, work effectively as part of a team and with business representatives. The position is located in St. Louis.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Apply technical expertise and work independently within scope, receiving moderate guidance and direction from work team and/or manager on large, new tasks
- Responsible for the development and support of applications, which provide essential solutions for clients; may include debugging current systems or programming enhancements or modules of new systems
- Take ownership for assigned portion of project from start to finish to ensure successful implementation
- Work with business representatives to understand business needs and/or limitations and resulting requirements; identify gaps in requirements for business representatives and ensure requirements are complete before moving on to specs phase
- Develop detailed specs for enhancements or modules of new systems that are clearly aligned to system requirements as defined by business representatives and can be easily interpreted by the business representatives and other engineers
- Write complex code and maintain continuous integrations and processes
- Work with business representatives to understand outcomes of testing phase; identify solutions to resolve issues
- Interact with team members (business representatives, managers, other software engineers, users and vendors) as needed to ensure successful delivery, implementation and release of enhancements or other projects
- Maintain system-wide tests to continually improve products, services and processes
- Maintain version control of work product artifacts
Skills & Experience Required
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience, Financial Services within Investment Advisory/Consulting business experience preferred
- Detailed understanding of generally accepted software development methodologies, tools, and techniques
- Strong knowledge of the Guggenheim business functions and how applications will be used by Guggenheim customers (not required for new hires—acquired knowledge)
- Must have experience in one or more of the following: Visual Basic .NET, C#, SQL server, T-SQL, data models or database engineering, service architecture, object relational mappings, scripting, system architecture, Windows, Entity Framework, Windows Presentation Foundation, Team Foundation Server, Octopus deployments, LINQ, Jira and Crystal Reports
Additional Qualities and Behaviors
- Team player attitude
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Superior problem-solving ability
- Demonstrate sound logic and judgment.
- Creative and innovative approach to projects
- Ability to adapt to rapidly-changing requirements
About Asset Consulting Group
Asset Consulting Group (ACG) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Guggenheim Partners and located in St. Louis, MO. ACG is an investment consulting firm focused exclusively on providing sophisticated, creative investment expertise to a select group of clients. We partner with our clients to recommend customized investment solutions. We provide guidance and perspective to help our clients sift through the many complex investment issues they are faced with, and work with them to develop and monitor comprehensive investment strategies in the most effective, efficient way possible. ACG delivers investment consulting and advisory services such as multi-asset allocation, research and related investment services to institutions and ultra-high net worth individuals and families.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives
Darrin heads Guggenheim’s Cross-Functional Project Team in the Chicago Office. He focuses his energies on high-priority management, operations, and sales distribution investment projects.
Back to top