About the Position
Guggenheim is seeking an exceptional Software Engineer to join its Applications Development team. Reporting to the Software Engineer Lead, this person will join a highly collaborative team responsible for designing, developing, modifying, adapting and implementing short and long-term solutions to information technology (IT) needs through new and existing applications, systems architecture, and network systems and applications infrastructure. In addition to technical skills, the ideal candidate will demonstrate an ability to solve a range of complex problems and to identify and deliver solutions. The successful candidate will have experience with information systems and be comfortable interacting with team members to ensure the successful delivery, implementation and release of enhancements or other projects in a dynamic and changing environment.
The Software Engineer role presents an opportunity to apply technical expertise and serve as a mid-level, independent contributor with advanced proficiency. The position is located in Rockville.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Develop information systems by designing, developing, supporting and maintaining software
- Implement systems software engineering policies, procedures and best practices
- Apply compliance requirements within scope of responsibility, provide documentation as necessary, and participate in compliance activities as required
- Responsible for the development and support of applications, which provide essential solutions for clients; may include debugging current systems or programming enhancements or modules of new systems
- Take ownership for assigned portion of projects from start to finish to ensure successful implementation; may leverage and review junior engineers’ work for routine programming tasks
- Work with business representatives to understand business needs and/or limitations and resulting requirements; identify gaps in requirements for business representatives and ensure requirements are complete before moving on to specs phase
- Develop detailed specs for enhancements or modules of new systems that are clearly aligned to system requirements as defined by business representatives
- Write complex code and maintain continuous integrations and processes
- Work with business representatives to understand outcomes of testing phase; identify solutions to resolve issues
- Ensure successful delivery, implementation and release of enhancements or other projects
- Maintain system-wide tests to continually improve products, services and processes
Skills & Experience Required
- Candidate must have a BA/BS degree, with a minimum of 6+ years of relevant experience
- Detailed understanding of generally accepted software development methodologies, tools, and techniques
- Prefer a working knowledge of the financial services industry
In addition, the ideal candidate will be or have:
- Proactive and solutions-oriented, with a creative and innovative mindset
- Learning agile, able to adapt quickly and appropriately in accordance with the constant evolution of the company and industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High-level of attention to detail and accuracy, as well as strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Responsive to client needs
- Strong problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Collaborative and energized by the open exchange of ideas
About Guggenheim Investments
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Back to top