Guggenheim is seeking an exceptional Software Engineer to join its IT application development team. Reporting to the IT Director, this person will join a highly collaborative team responsible for designing, developing, modifying, adapting and implementing short- and long-term solutions to information technology (IT) needs for its front office through new and existing applications and infrastructure. In addition, this group reviews system requirements and business processes and codes, tests, debugs and implements software solutions. The ideal candidate will be able to implement systems software engineering policies and procedures and industry best practices, solve a range of complex problems, often taking a new perspective to identify and deliver solutions, provide documentation as necessary, and participate in compliance activities as required. The position is located in our New York, NY office.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Apply technical expertise and work independently within scope, receiving moderate guidance and direction from work team and/or manager on large, new tasks
- Develop and build complex application systems
- Responsible for the development and support of applications, which provide essential solutions for clients; may include debugging current systems or programming enhancements or modules of new systems
- Assess IT standards and strategies and business needs to guide well-informed decisions
- Write complex code and maintain continuous integrations and processes
Skills & experience required:
- Candidate should have at least 4 years of experience in this field
- Experience in Financial Services dealing with equity investment management
- Understanding of advanced software development methodologies, tools and techniques
- General, cross-functional IT knowledge
- Must have experience building high availability, scalable applications
In addition, the ideal candidate will
- Have knowledge of the financial services industry and worked with portfolio managers and traders
- Have knowledge of quantitative development tools and languages like Matlab, python, and R.
- Function independently, receiving directional guidance from work team, manager and/or IT leadership or business leadership
- Ability to self-direct, plan and execute assigned tasks
Additional Qualities and Behaviors
- Team player attitude
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Superior problem-solving ability
- Demonstrate sound logic and judgment.
- Creative and innovative approach to projects
- Ability to adapt to rapidly-changing requirements
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Investment Research Analyst
Maria works on the Macroeconomics and Investment Research Team in the Santa Monica Office. She analyzes financial trends to help Guggenheim identify optimal investment solutions and monitor risks for their clients.
Back to top