Senior Transaction Analyst
Guggenheim's Insurance division is seeking an experienced Senior Transaction Analyst to serve as part of a shared services operations team supporting fixed income and credit focused investment portfolios of multiple life insurance companies. As a senior member of the transaction support team, this individual will be responsible for all aspects related to portfolio transaction logistics, such as, trade entry, trade settlement, collateral and margin management, and corporate actions. The candidate must demonstrate a strong knowledge of fixed income securities, metrics, and risk measures, along with strong quantitative and computational skills. Proficiency with BlackRock Aladdin is required, as is 5+ years' experience in investment management operations. Concise writing and communication skills are very important. Attention to detail is a must.
This position is based in the Chicago office.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Daily monitoring of investment portfolios and transaction activity.
- Manage the daily collateral and margin process, investigate and resolve collateral disputes.
- Input of collateral movements into the collateral system (BRS Aladdin) and coordinate settlement of the collateral.
- Ensure timely resolution of any margin call or mark-to-market disputes.
- Maintain detailed and organized approach toward the daily settlement of all trades and resolve all fail and claim matters.
- Prioritize daily task list and workload to ensure address items in order of urgency.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach toward identifying and implementing solutions to improve efficiency and process controls.
- Maintain reports key performance metrics and action plans that support a continuously improving workflow.
- Work closely with team and department manager to ensure all daily processes are completed on timely basis.
- Work with business partners to review all new business initiatives as it relates to collateral management.
- Maintain and update procedure documentation. Maintain documentation that evidences adherence to defined procedures.
Skills & Experience Required:
- BA/BS with concentration in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related.
- 5+ years of experience in investment management operations, with focus on cash and/or collateral management.
- Proficiency with BlackRock Aladdin is required
- Previous cash and/or collateral management experience with a large broker/dealer is desired
- Experience of processing margin calls and knowledge of full trade life-cycle required
- Product knowledge of IED/FID OTC Derivatives, FX, IED, Repos and Loans required
- Demonstrated experience with finance and accounting principles.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the creation, organization, and retention of transaction documentation.
- Strong quantitative and computational skills
- Experience with electronic fixed income trading systems a major plus
- Team oriented individual.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required.
- Exceptional attention to detail skills are critical.
- Exceptional ability to manage tight timelines.
In addition, the ideal candidate will be or have:
- Ownership and accountability for deliverables
- Accomplish goals and objectives
- Results and detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task and execute under pressure
- Internally driven and self-motivated
- Intellectual curiosity, forward-thinking
About Guggenheim Insurance Services
Guggenheim Insurance Services offers a unified set of advisory services to ensure efficiency and long-term success for insurance companies. GIS advises insurance company management teams on topics including asset liability management, best actuarial practices, capital management, cost structure benchmarks, expense management, M&A strategy and execution, product development, product strategy, and transactions and products.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives
Darrin heads Guggenheim’s Cross-Functional Project Team in the Chicago Office. He focuses his energies on high-priority management, operations, and sales distribution investment projects.
Back to top