Senior Portfolio Analyst
Guggenheim's Insurance division is seeking an experienced Senior Portfolio Analyst to serve as part of a shared services operations team supporting fixed income and credit focused investment portfolios of multiple life insurance companies. As a senior member of the portfolio support team, this individual is responsible for assuring all reconciliation activity is completed timely and the portfolio management system complies with all quality checks each morning. The candidate must demonstrate a strong knowledge of fixed income securities, metrics, and risk measures, along with strong quantitative and computational skills. Minimum 5 years of experience in investment management operations, with focus on asset reconciliation, asset transfers, collateral tracking and/or paying agent oversight, and proficiency with BlackRock Aladdin is required. Concise writing and communication skills are very important. Attention to detail is a must. This position is based in the Chicago office.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Daily monitoring of asset positions and cash balances
- Conduct tri-party reconciliations between the primary operations platform, portfolio management trading system, and custodian reports
- Investigate all cash and asset breaks by working closely with multiple teams to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to break resolution by identifying routine breaks, investigating root causes and implementing solutions to reduce their occurrence
- Maintain reports that demonstrate historical break counts broken down by various characteristics, key performance metrics, and action plans that support a continuously improving workflow
- Oversee paying agents to ensure actual payment received are consistent with expected amounts
- Maintain and update procedure documentation
- Maintain documentation that evidences adherence to defined procedures
- Assist on projects, as needed, and effectively collaborate both within a team and cross-functionally across departments and initiatives to ensure that project deliverables are met
Skills & Experience Required
- BA/BS with concentration in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related area
- 5+ years of experience in investment management operations (middle office), with focus on asset reconciliation, asset transfers, collateral tracking and/or paying agent oversight.
- Proficiency with BlackRock Aladdin is highly preferred
- Product knowledge of IED/FID OTC Derivatives, FX, IED, Repos and Loans preferred
- Strong quantitative and computational skills
- Team oriented individual
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required
- Exceptional ability to manage tight timelines
- Exceptional attention to detail skills area critical
In addition, the ideal candidate will be or have
- Ownership and accountability for deliverables
- Accomplish goals and objectives
- Results and detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task and execute under pressure
- Internally driven and self-motivated
- Intellectual curiosity, forward-thinking
About Guggenheim Insurance Services
Guggenheim Insurance Services offers a unified set of advisory services to ensure efficiency and long-term success for insurance companies. GIS advises insurance company management teams on topics including asset liability management, best actuarial practices, capital management, cost structure benchmarks, expense management, M&A strategy and execution, product development, product strategy, and transactions and products.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Investment Research Analyst
Maria works on the Macroeconomics and Investment Research Team in the Santa Monica Office. She analyzes financial trends to help Guggenheim identify optimal investment solutions and monitor risks for their clients.
Back to top