Senior Investment Securities Analyst
Guggenheim's Insurance division is seeking an experienced Senior Security Analyst to serve as part of a shared services operations team supporting fixed income and credit focused investment portfolios of multiple life insurance companies. As a senior member of the security support team, this individual will be responsible for all aspects related to the management of the security master database, including all data points and calculations that are managed at the security-level. The candidate must demonstrate a strong knowledge of fixed income securities, metrics, and risk measures, along with strong quantitative and computational skills. Minimum of 5+ years of experience in investment management operations, with focus on fixed income and derivative pricing and cash flow modeling and proficiency with BlackRock Aladdin are required. Concise writing and communication skills are very important. Attention to detail is a must.
This position is based in the Chicago office.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Perform security master setup and maintain overall security master data quality.
- Accountable for ensuring data integrity for all portfolio securities.
- Oversee relationships with data vendors, escalating issues with service level agreements and data quality.
- Run daily fixed income and derivative pricing processes to ensure accurate portfolio valuations and congruence with various pricing sources.
- Investigate and resolve all data anomalies that would contribute to any valuation errors.
- Validate daily automated pricing across all asset classes. Investigate and remediate any stale or missing data points.
- Set tolerance thresholds to be used for daily evaluation of data health and quality checks.
- Serve as primary point of contact for portfolio managers, custodian and other related parties for all matters related to security setup, pricing and valuation.
- Provide strategic guidance and oversight of all initiatives aimed at improving the internal pricing processes.
Skills & Experience Required:
- BA/BS with concentration in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or related fields.
- 5+ years of experience in investment management operations, with focus on fixed income and derivative pricing and cash flow modeling.
- Proficiency with BlackRock Aladdin is required.
- Demonstrated experience with finance and accounting principles.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the creation, organization, and retention of transaction documentation.
- Strong quantitative and computational skills.
- Experience with electronic fixed income trading systems a major plus.
- Team oriented individual.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required.
- Exceptional ability to manage tight timelines.
In addition, the ideal candidate will be or have:
- Ownership and accountability for deliverables
- Accomplish goals and objectives
- Results and detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task and execute under pressure
- Internally driven and self-motivated
- Intellectual curiosity, forward-thinking
About Guggenheim Insurance Services
Guggenheim Insurance Services offers a unified set of advisory services to ensure efficiency and long-term success for insurance companies. GIS advises insurance company management teams on topics including asset liability management, best actuarial practices, capital management, cost structure benchmarks, expense management, M&A strategy and execution, product development, product strategy, and transactions and products.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives
Darrin heads Guggenheim’s Cross-Functional Project Team in the Chicago Office. He focuses his energies on high-priority management, operations, and sales distribution investment projects.
Back to top