Senior Insurance Compliance Professional
About the Position
Guggenheim is seeking an exceptional seasoned Insurance Compliance professional to join its insurance regulatory compliance team. In this senior role, you will report to the General Counsel for Guggenheim Life and Annuity Company, and have overall responsibility for the compliance efforts related to the Company, its affiliated insurance companies and related businesses. Responsibilities include researching and interpreting compliance materials, ensuring products and procedures are aligned with business model and statutory requirements, developing, planning and implementing procedural changes resulting from regulatory changes, and communicating with senior leadership and impacted departments to update products and procedures to remain compliant with statutory requirements. You will also lead insurance market conduct investigations and responses, review all sales and marketing product materials, and participate in new product development efforts. The position is located in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Interpret compliance-related materials and communicate information to all affected departments; coordinate the implementation of compliance-related changes to match changing business needs.
- Develop and maintain effective compliance policies and procedures, as well as compliance testing programs; monitor overall compliance program and conduct regular reviews.
- Review all insurance and annuity product advertising, sales illustrations, product descriptions, agent training materials and other materials used in the sale of insurance products; draft revisions, documents, forms and other materials used in the product sales and implementation cycle; maintain log of approved advertising and marketing materials.
- Maintain market conduct compliance log; coordinate and facilitate market conduct examinations; coordinate multi-departmental communications, task scheduling, and follow up pertaining to market conduct.
- Review and file product forms in all applicable jurisdictions for assumption reinsurance transactions.
- Oversee the complaint process and drafts responses to complaints, regardless of source, including researching issues surrounding the complaint; assist the General Counsel of Guggenheim Life and Annuity Company with the litigation process resulting from compliance and/or market conduct issues.
- Develop and implement compliance training and education as needed.
- Work with Guggenheim Central Compliance Department to maintain compliance with firm policies and procedures.
- Support senior management and work with legal, to provide compliance support for a range of ongoing business initiatives.
- Manage and respond to internal and regulatory audits, examinations, and inquiries.
- Stay abreast of regulatory changes and developments and ensure necessary updates when compliance policies and procedures are implemented.
Skills & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree required; law degree is a plus
- Insurance industry education obtained through LOMA, LIMRA, NAIC or other recognized entities related to insurance industry regulations
- Minimum 7-10 years of relevant experience in a similar compliance role for insurance companies; supervisory experience a plus
- Deep understanding of best practices in compliance and experience in developing and implementing compliance policies systems and processes
- Experience responding to regulatory audits and/or examinations
- Robust writing skills, analytical, and communication skills
- Solutions oriented with strong diplomacy skills is most suitable for the position
- Ability to evaluate issues, weigh downstream implications of potential actions, propose and implement solutions
- Ability to adapt quickly and appropriately in accordance with the constant evolution of the company and industry
- Experience working within an organization distributed across geographic locations a plus
- Advanced skills in MS Office applications, including proficiency with spreadsheets, database applications and document management software
- General internet research skills and a familiarity with legal research on- and off-line, including NILS
In addition, the ideal candidate will be or have:
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and committed to achieving results
- Professionalism, tact, diplomacy
- Sense of urgency and initiative
- Problems solving skills; analytical and critical thinking
- Flexibility; ability to adapt quickly and appropriately to changing needs
About Guggenheim Life and Annuity Company
Guggenheim Life and Annuity Company, a subsidiary of Guggenheim Partners, combines Guggenheim’s experience in managing assets for insurance companies with vast expertise and experience in life insurance industry. Guggenheim Life creates opportunities for clients to grow and maintain their wealth through innovative investment and insurance solutions. Our fixed annuity products are distributed through networks of independent marketing organizations and agents to customers in 48 states and the District of Columbia. For more information about Guggenheim Life and Annuity company, please visit: www.guggenheimlife.com.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Back to top