Senior Associate, Compliance
About the Position
Guggenheim is seeking a motivated, self-directed professional to join its Compliance team. Reporting to the Head of Institutional Distribution Compliance, this person will join a team responsible for various regulatory compliance functions supporting the Institutional Distribution business, which encompasses sales and marketing, client services (for separately managed accounts) and investor services (for private funds) and will provide compliance support on key areas such as compliance reporting, product and strategy distribution and sales initiatives. The successful candidate will have experience with private funds and separately managed accounts for institutional investors and be comfortable interacting with numerous stakeholders in a timely, accurate and confident manner. In addition to strong multitasking and problem solving skills, the ideal candidate will demonstrate an ability to roll up their sleeves and perform any needed tasks.
The Compliance role presents an opportunity to grow in a fast paced organization while supporting a critical function that preserves our clients' interests and those of Guggenheim. The position is located in the Santa Monica, CA office.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Assist in ongoing development and support of our US and global compliance program for Institutional Distribution.
- Manage the compliance reporting process, including client certifications, DDQs and RFPs, liaising with Distribution, Operations, Legal and Portfolio Managers to obtain sub-certifications and facilitate appropriate questionnaire responses and maintain and update Compliance approved standard questionnaire responses.
- Develop and review regulatory policies and procedures to manage and mitigate regulatory risk, and assist Institutional Distribution with developing or reviewing desktop procedures for the business.
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments and new rules, assess their impact and ensure appropriate action is taken in areas that impact Institutional Distribution/client communications.
- Attend meetings and hold ad hoc discussions with the firm's Institutional Distribution, Portfolio Managers, Traders, Legal and Operations staff as needed to understand new marketing initiatives, offer compliance guidance, and determine compliance related impacts to global distribution of advisory services and products including separately managed accounts and private funds.
- Advising Institutional Distribution team on cross-border marketing rules and local marketing regulations in U.S., Europe, Middle East, and Asia markets.
- Support the Head of Institutional Distribution Compliance in reporting on distribution matters to senior committees and management, and in communications with regulators.
- Provide relevant training on regulatory issues which may have an impact on the business.
- Work closely with the firm's registered broker dealer compliance team to stay coordinated on initiatives.
- Continuously assess compliance risks and effectively communicate risks and suggestions for improvement to colleagues/department leaders and business unit leaders.
- Perform any other functions which may be required to support the compliance program.
Skills & Experience Required
- 1-5 years relevant experience in a law firm or investment advisory firm
- JD preferred but not required
- Knowledge and understanding of the Investment Advisers Act of 1940
- Strong problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Organized, detail oriented and extremely thorough while having the confidence and communication skills to ensure work processes are completed accurately and timely
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Experience with a fixed income asset manager is ideal, but not required
- Ability to work New York hours
- Must successfully pass a background and credit check
About Guggenheim Investments
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Investment Research Analyst
Maria works on the Macroeconomics and Investment Research Team in the Santa Monica Office. She analyzes financial trends to help Guggenheim identify optimal investment solutions and monitor risks for their clients.
Back to top