Guggenheim is seeking a detailed oriented and analytical Senior Accountant to join the Chicago office. This person will provide dedicated professional accounting services to Guggenheim's various businesses. Each associate manages the accounting function for an assigned number of Guggenheim businesses based on size, complexity and the accountant's experience level, among other factors. The position includes many detail-oriented activities such as recording journal entries, account reconciliations, monthly closing procedures, general ledger and chart of account maintenance, and financial statement reporting. In addition, each accountant acts as the primary liaison between Corporate and each of their business unit leaders, providing accounting services which may include assistance with structuring of new transactions, new investments, fair valuing of investments, equity and other compensation plans, ad hoc reporting and general accounting assistance as requested by those businesses.
In addition to business unit specific responsibilities, this role will offer the person a complete and total view of all of Guggenheim's businesses through involvement in the corporate audits. They will assist in the execution of our corporate audits, responsibilities will include: editing report drafts, management of PBC lists, follow-up on internal requests for information and, other duties as needed throughout the audit process.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Coordinate the GC annual audit
- Timely completion of the general ledger close for assigned legal entities at month end
- Perform monthly account reconciliations for assigned legal entities
- Perform variance analysis MTD/YTD both on an account level basis and legal entity level
- Work with the various departments within Guggenheim, preparation of internal memos as needed, maintenance of all required governing documents for assigned businesses
- Conduct special requests/projects as they arise
Skills & experience required:
- Accounting degree (CPA or partial completion preferred)
- Four to five years experience (Big 4 accounting is a plus)
- Experience with financial services businesses a plus
- Strong computer skills specifically with Excel; HFM experience a plus
- Superior organizational skills and ability to manage multiple assignments a must
- Commitment to getting job done and flexibility to adapt to the needs of a dynamic growth environment
- Detail-oriented, commitment to quality and hard work
- Works efficiently and effectively in both team and individual environments
- Assertive and proactive attitude toward assignments and in managing business relationships
- Ability to communicate across organization
- Willingness to play a leadership role in applying audit experience to client side of engagements
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives
Darrin heads Guggenheim’s Cross-Functional Project Team in the Chicago Office. He focuses his energies on high-priority management, operations, and sales distribution investment projects.
Back to top