Guggenheim is seeking a detailed oriented and hardworking Senior Accountant to join the Chicago office. This role is a corporate accounting position providing dedicated professional accounting services surrounding investments, compensation, and equity. This person will work on many detail-oriented activities such as recording journal entries, account reconciliations, monthly closing procedures, quarterly investment reviews and financial statement reporting.
This position is highly visible with access to confidential information. The position liaises with Payroll, HR, the Compensation Controller, the CAO, the COO and external auditors.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Record monthly activity for assigned group of entities – investments, compensation, equity
- Assist with the annual audit
- Prepare annual footnotes
- Prepare quarterly and annual equity roll forward
- Prepare periodic presentations on investments, compensation and equity plans
- Develop policies and procedures surrounding areas of responsibility
- Conduct special requests/projects as they arise
Skills & Experience Required:
- Accounting degree (CPA or partial completion preferred)
- Three to six years experience
- Experience handling confidential and sensitive information
- Detail-oriented, commitment to quality and hard work
- Strong computer skills specifically with Excel; HFM experience a plus
- Superior organizational skills and ability to manage multiple assignments a must
- Commitment to getting job done and flexibility to adapt to the needs of a dynamic growth environment.
- Works efficiently and effectively in both team and individual environments
- Assertive and proactive attitude toward assignments and in managing business relationships
- Ability to communicate across organization
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives
Darrin heads Guggenheim’s Cross-Functional Project Team in the Chicago Office. He focuses his energies on high-priority management, operations, and sales distribution investment projects.
Back to top