Risk Management Analyst
About the Position
Guggenheim Partners is seeking an Analyst in their Santa Monica office. The individual, reporting to the Managing Director-Risk Management, will be responsible for assisting with a variety of risk-related projects and initiatives, as well as with large firm-wide projects across Guggenheim Partners Investment Management ("GPIM").
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in finance or accounting, investment management, consulting, and/or technology. In addition this person should possess strong problem solving skills, project management experience, and be able to work independently with minimal guidance in a highly dynamic work environment. The analyst role requires the ability to travel when necessary.
This position is located in Santa Monica, CA.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Assist senior Risk personnel with the completion of various risk and non-risk related projects including process improvements and risk mitigation efforts
- Actively participate in small to large scale GPIM-wide projects ensuring near and long-term goals are met without compromising work quality
- Help to maintain detailed project work plans for internal review and presentation to senior executives
- Perform business, technology, and risk analysis as needed
Skills & Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field; MBA preferred
- At least 3 years of professional work experience within the finance/accounting, investment management, project management, risk management, and/or technology industries
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software suite with an emphasis in MS Project, Excel, and Visio
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work autonomously as well as in a team environment
- Ability to operate in a deadline driven environment while multitasking and maintaining a strict attention to detail
In addition, the ideal candidate will be or have
- Demonstrate experience and familiarity with capital markets and investment management industries
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be detail-oriented and able to prioritize tasks efficiently and independently
- Have strong analytical skills while being resourceful when seeking new information; software development experience preferred
About Guggenheim Investments
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Investment Research Analyst
Maria works on the Macroeconomics and Investment Research Team in the Santa Monica Office. She analyzes financial trends to help Guggenheim identify optimal investment solutions and monitor risks for their clients.
Back to top