About the Position
Guggenheim Partners is seeking an exceptional Risk Analyst to join its Risk Management team. This person will join a highly collaborative team responsible for assisting in a number of areas related to market, credit, and liquidity risk management. The role is located in New York City.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Supporting the senior members of the Risk Management team on various projects and initiatives related to the implementation and monitoring of Risk across the GPIMH investment platform.
- Work on projects related to market, credit and liquidity risk. This will include a specific focus on creating, implementing, and maintaining a risk monitoring and reporting structure with specific focus liquidity risk management.
- Assist senior risk managers with the monitoring and analysis of risk for a broad spectrum of fixed income portfolios.
- Work on projects related to the aggregation of data, including risk and liquidity analytics for regulatory reporting purposes.
- Assist in the data analysis, set-up and maintenance of a security master and attribute mappings using Blackrock Solutions, Bloomberg and other data sources.
- Assist in the data analysis related to internal system development and reconciliation of positions and account aggregations, mapping of attribute data, and validation of analytical results.
Skills & Experience Required
- Bachelor or Master Degree in a quantitative discipline with 2-5 years of experience in portfolio management, trading, or risk management of fixed income and derivative securities.
- Possess a strong understanding and familiarity with investment management processes and procedures with an emphasis in fixed income and derivative securities. Specific knowledge of securitization markets such as MBS, CLO, CMBS is helpful.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Strong risk systems architecture knowledge and ability to implement and direct software developers and other internal IT staff.
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel, Bloomberg, Blackrock Solutions and ability to write SQL queries to support data analysis process.
- Team oriented and work collaboratively with Risk team peers as well as other GPIMH employees.
- Willingness to "roll up the sleeves" when necessary on activities which are sometimes laborious and detailed.
- Work independently with minimal direction from his/her immediate supervisor and/or peers on the Risk team.
About Guggenheim Investments
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Investment Research Analyst
Maria works on the Macroeconomics and Investment Research Team in the Santa Monica Office. She analyzes financial trends to help Guggenheim identify optimal investment solutions and monitor risks for their clients.
Back to top