Reporting Senior Associate
Guggenheim is seeking an exceptional candidate to join its reporting team. This person will be responsible for understanding and preparing the reporting requirements throughout Guggenheim Partners Investment Management (GPIM). They will assist in the monitoring of investment reporting activities to ensure on-time and accurate creation of client and ad-hoc reporting requests.
The person will also assist in the coordination and development of automating reporting capabilities. They will be required to have an expert knowledge of Excel as well as building and supporting VBA for Excel Macros.
The role presents an opportunity to join a team that sits at the 'hub' of Guggenheim Investments at an exciting time of growth and evolution at all levels of the company. The position is located in the Chicago office. Limited travel is required.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Independently produce GPIM standard and custom reporting requirements (daily, weekly, monthly, semi-annual, annual) to internal and external clients, vendors and regulatory agencies.
- Perform quality control reviews and checks for team.
- Work with peers to improve information and data flow into and out of the report production process.
- Actively participate in performing an inventory analysis of existing client reports and metrics across multiple departments.
- Assist in mentoring and training analysts and associates.
- Identify and develop enhanced reporting capabilities and systems enhancements.
- Evaluate and provide input on improving department processes.
- Evaluate, build and support VBA for Excel Macros.
- Document department processes.
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of the firm's business, investment strategies, data, policies and procedures
Skills & Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of 5 years investment industry experience. Preferably in an Institutional Operations, Client Servicing or Reporting capacity.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Experience in gathering, organizing and reporting various information and data.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office with an expert knowledge of Excel and experience building and supporting VBA for Excel Macros.
In addition, the ideal candidate will be or have:
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and a strong work ethic
- Ability to initiate and drive change
- Demonstrate in-depth critical thinking
- Willingness to learn and be flexible to changing business needs
- Ability to successfully analyze issues and see them through to conclusion.
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a matrix organization with the ability to work under pressure and to tight timeframes
- Ability to work well in a fast paced environment, while being able to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines
About Guggenheim Investments
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Investment Research Analyst
Maria works on the Macroeconomics and Investment Research Team in the Santa Monica Office. She analyzes financial trends to help Guggenheim identify optimal investment solutions and monitor risks for their clients.
Back to top