About the Position
Guggenheim is seeking an organized and detail oriented candidate to join the Guggenheim Investment Reporting team. This person will be responsible for understanding and preparing the reporting requirements throughout GPIM. They will assist in the monitoring of investment reporting activities to ensure on time and accurate creation of client and ad-hoc reporting requests. This person will also assist in the coordination and development of automating reporting capabilities.
The Reporting Associate role presents an opportunity to join a team that sits at the ‘hub’ of Guggenheim Investments at an exciting time of growth and evolution at all levels of the company. The position is located in the Chicago office.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Assist in the production of GPIM standard and custom reporting requirements (daily, weekly, monthly, semi-annual, annual) to internal and external clients, vendors and regulatory agencies
- Assist in performing quality control checks
- Assist in the coordination of data management and information flow in order to support report production
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of the firm’s business, investment strategies, data, policies and procedures
- Actively participate in performing an inventory analysis of existing client reports and metrics across multiple departments
- Assist in identifying and developing enhanced reporting capabilities and systems enhancements
- Assist in evaluating and providing input on improving department processes and prepare documentation on department processes as required
Skills & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 3 years investment industry experience. Preferably in an Institutional Operations, Client Servicing or Reporting capacity
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships both internally and with external clients
- Experience in gathering, organizing and reporting various information and data
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office with an expert knowledge of Excel
- Report creation experience a plus
In addition, the ideal candidate will be or have:
- Ability to initiate and drive change
- Self motivated, enthusiastic and a strong work ethic
- Ability to demonstrate in-depth critical thinking
- Willingness to learn and be flexible to changing business needs
- Ability to successfully analyze issues and see them through to conclusion.
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a matrix organization with the ability to work under pressure and to tight timeframes
- Works well in a fast paced environment, while being able to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines
About Guggenheim Investments
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Back to top