Regional Sales Associate
About the position:
Guggenheim is seeking an exceptional candidate to join its Intermediary Sales team. Reporting to the Intermediary Internal Sales Manager, this person will be primarily responsible for increasing assets under management by developing and maintaining relationships through proactive phone sales and possible visits to branch offices. The Associate will initiate and develop strong relationships with Financials Advisors and the analytical and portfolio management members of Broker/Dealer and Independent Adviser firms based on comprehensive product and portfolio construction knowledge. The Regional Sales Associate must be willing to learn and grow, have a strong work ethic, a sense of urgency, be prepared, and execute tasks in a timely and professional manner. The cornerstone of this sales process is asking questions and listening, providing relevant information and insight, and always putting the interest of the adviser and client first. The Regional Sales Associate position is located in the downtown Chicago office.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop and build relationships on the phone with financial advisers
- Utilize sales process: identify needs, provide meaningful solutions, and deliver superior service to branch offices nationally
- Understand and articulate capital markets, Guggenheim products, competitors' products
- Integrate current themes and campaigns into conversations that drive the sales process
- Execute business plan for coverage with the sales team
- Maintain and update Sales Force
- Adhere to daily/monthly telephone activity metric requirements of the department
- Own sales performance and sales goals
- Plan travel and meetings
Skills & experience required:
- Bachelors degree, preferably in Finance or Business
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience within a financial brokerage or investment management environment in a sales capacity
- MBA, CIMA, CPWM, CAIA, or CFA preferred
- Current FINRA Registrations preferred: Series 7, 63, 65, and/or 66
- Enhanced problem solving abilities, analytical abilities, and familiarity with investment strategies and concepts
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Energetic, self-motivated, positive attitude, goal-oriented
- Ability to meet deadlines, strong organizational skills, ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Technical/ Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel
In addition, the ideal candidate will be or have
- Committed to self improvement / willingness to learn and grow
- Energy, enthusiasm, optimism
- Strong work ethic
- High degree of integrity
- Ability and willingness to prepare relentlessly and execute passionately
- Strong relationship building skills - client focused
- Well organized and detail-oriented
About Guggenheim Investments:
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals perform s rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Investment Research Analyst
Maria works on the Macroeconomics and Investment Research Team in the Santa Monica Office. She analyzes financial trends to help Guggenheim identify optimal investment solutions and monitor risks for their clients.
Back to top