Regional Sales Associate
About the Position
Guggenheim is seeking an exceptional Regional Sales Associate to join its team. Reporting to the Divisional Desk Manager, this person will join a high functioning team responsible for increasing assets under management and driving growth at broker dealer and/or RIA firms. In addition to sales skills, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to develop strong relationships with the analytical and portfolio management members. The position is located in the Chicago office.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Develop and build relationships on the phone with financial advisors
- Utilize sales process; identify needs, provide meaningful solutions and deliver superior service to branch offices
- Strong understanding and articulation of the capital markets, Guggenheim products, competitors’ products
- Integrate current themes and campaigns into conversations that drive the sales process.
- Execute business plan for coverage
- Maintain and update Sales Force CRM
- Adhere to daily/monthly telephone activity metric requirements of the department
- Own sales performance and sales goals
- Ability to master the core competencies of the position
- Plan travel and meetings
Skills & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Finance or Business)
- MBA, CIMA, CPWM, CAIA or CFA preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience within a financial brokerage or investment management environment in a sales capacity
- Current FINRA Registrations (Series 7, 63, 65, and/or 66)
- Enhanced problem solving abilities, analytical abilities, and familiarity with investment strategies and concepts
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Informed and conversant across a broad range of topics
- Energetic, self-motivated, positive attitude, goal-oriented
- Ability to meet deadlines, strong organizational skills, ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Technical/Computer skills should include experience with Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel
In addition, the ideal candidate will be or have
- A commitment to self-improvement and a willingness to learn
- Energy, enthusiasm, optimism
- Strong work ethic
- High degree of integrity
- Ability and willingness to prepare relentlessly and execute passionately
- Strong relationship building skills—client focused
- Well organized and detail-oriented
The Regional Sales Associate must be willing to learn and grow, have a strong work ethic, a sense of urgency, be prepared and execute tasks in a timely and professional manner. The cornerstone of the sales process is asking questions and listening, providing relevant information and insight, and always putting the interest of the adviser and his or her client first.
About Guggenheim Investments
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives
Darrin heads Guggenheim’s Cross-Functional Project Team in the Chicago Office. He focuses his energies on high-priority management, operations, and sales distribution investment projects.
Back to top