About the Position
Guggenheim is seeking an exceptional candidate with a background in project management to join its Corporate Credit Operations team. Reporting to the Director and Senior Managing Director of Loan and Entity Level Services, this person will be responsible for planning, organizing, and driving each project through the project lifecycle. They will focus on driving results by working with multiple teams, analyzing issues and backing up findings with data. This role may require some travel to the Chicago office as needed.
The position is located in the New York office.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Plan, organize, and drive projects throughout the project lifecycle following strict deadlines.
- Provide recommendations on business analysis to be utilized by management.
- Ensure the analysis is in sync with the projects goals and document findings.
- Analyze data and be able to pull out the information and the story it is providing.
- Ensure that business and technical resources are appropriately interacting and working toward the same goal.
- Help define and document business requirements needed to support business initiatives.
- Contribute to project plans and consistently deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentation materials.
- Help design, document and implement appropriate policies and procedures.
- Implement, administer and manage ongoing processes required for SSAE16 in addition to other audit and regulatory mandates.
- Ensure staff is appropriately trained on new responsibilities, applications, policies and procedures and that the transfer of ownership and accountability is clear.
- Assist with system and vendor relationships as needed.
- Provide assistance on various ad-hoc and special projects as directed by management.
- Liaison between Operations and internal and external Information Technology providers.
- Work closely with the operational functions including On-Boarding, Transaction Operations, Security Setup & Pricing, Private Fund Analysis, Loan Closing, Corporate Actions, Investment Accounting, Reconciliations, Performance, Reporting and Business Technology.
Skills & Experience Required
- Undergraduate degree with at least 5 years' experience in project management, analysis and financial services. Ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of proven experience in both technology and asset management operations.
- Must have a sound working knowledge of bank loan and fixed income securities.
- Experience and understanding of Project Lifecycles and Systems Development Life Cycles.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office products required.
- Strong problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to take initiative and critically analyze processes and procedures in a push toward constant improvement.
- Must be a hands-on leader and be willing to roll up their sleeves to perform any and all responsibilities needed to ensure success.
In addition, the ideal candidate will be or have
- Exceptional communication & listening skills with the ability to ask pointed and open-end questions necessary to bring group consensus.
- Positive thinker with phenomenal motivational and coaching skills.
- Organized, detail oriented and extremely thorough while having the confidence and communication skills to ensure work processes are completed accurately and appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to design, document and implement processes that improve the accuracy and timing of work products and business activities.
- Must be able to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Team oriented individual with ability to work well with diverse groups.
- Able to translate between technical and business leaders at the highest levels.
About Guggenheim Investments
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives
Darrin heads Guggenheim’s Cross-Functional Project Team in the Chicago Office. He focuses his energies on high-priority management, operations, and sales distribution investment projects.
Back to top