Project Management Senior Associate
About The Position:
Guggenheim is seeking an exceptional candidate to join its project management team. This person will be responsible for planning, organizing, and driving each project through the project lifecycle following strict deadlines and budgetary controls. Additionally, they will ensure that project status is routinely communicated and that each project is appropriately resourced and quality controlled to mitigate risks and improve the final work product.
This role is located in the Chicago office but will require some travel to the California and New York offices as needed.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Plan, organize, and drive projects throughout the project lifecycle following strict deadlines and budgetary controls.
- Ensure that projects are routinely prioritized, reported, managed, and status is communicated to ensure business value is delivered.
- Ensure that business and technical resources are appropriately allocated, available and managed for each project.
- Develop project plans and consistently deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentation materials.
- Define project scope, objectives, milestones, success criteria and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management & stakeholders.
- Help define and document business requirements needed to support business initiatives.
- Help design, document and implement appropriate policies and procedures.
- Ensure staff is appropriately trained on new responsibilities, applications, policies and procedures and that the transfer of ownership and accountability is clear.
- Implement, administrate and manage ongoing processes required for SSAE16 in addition to other audit and regulatory mandates.
- Assist with system and vendor relationships as needed.
- Provide assistance on various ad-hoc and special projects as directed by management.
- Liaison between Operations and internal and external Information Technology providers.
- Work closely with the operational functions including On-Boarding, Transaction Operations, Security Setup & Pricing, Corporate Actions, Investment Accounting, Reconciliations, Performance, Reporting and Business Technology.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Undergraduate degree with at least 5 years experience in project management, analysis and financial services. Ideal candidate will have at least 10 years of proven experience in both technology and asset management operations.
- Must have a sound working knowledge of fixed income and equity securities and understanding of OTC derivatives including Interest Rate derivatives, Equity derivatives and Credit derivatives.
- Experience and understanding of Project Lifecycles and Systems Development Life Cycles.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office products required.
- Strong problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to take initiative and critically analyze processes and procedures in a push toward constant improvement.
- Must be a hands-on leader and be willing to roll up their sleeves to perform any and all responsibilities needed to ensure success.
In addition, the ideal candidate will have or will be:
- Exceptional communication & listening skills with the ability to ask pointed and open-end questions necessary to bring group consensus.
- Positive thinker with phenomenal motivational and coaching skills.
- Organized, detail oriented and extremely thorough while having the confidence and communication skills to ensure work processes are completed accurately and appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to design, document and implement processes that improve the accuracy and timing of work products and business activities.
- Must be able to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Team oriented individual with ability to work well with diverse groups.
- Must be able to identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project teams.
- Able to translate between technical and business leaders at the highest levels.
About Guggenheim Investments
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Investment Research Analyst
Maria works on the Macroeconomics and Investment Research Team in the Santa Monica Office. She analyzes financial trends to help Guggenheim identify optimal investment solutions and monitor risks for their clients.
Back to top