About The Position:
Guggenheim is seeking an organized and detail oriented candidate to join its Pricing team. Reporting to the Pricing Team Lead, this person will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of portfolio valuations and adherence to pricing policy. They also serve as the first point of contact for internal and external audit requests. In addition to strong multitasking and time management skills, the ideal candidate will be extremely thorough while having the confidence and communication skills to ensure work processes are completed accurately and appropriately.
The Pricing Associate role presents an opportunity to join a team that sits at the ‘hub’ of Guggenheim Investments at an exciting time of growth and evolution at all levels of the company. The position is located in the Chicago office.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Daily price change review across universe of holdings as well as providing these reports to the portfolio management teams
- Daily override checks for performance team to ensure accurate reporting
- Daily reconciliations of both the risk management system and the accounting system, making certain both systems are in sync, and updating when an override is necessary
- Daily client derivative reporting, as required by client agreements
- Daily collaboration with fund custodian to calculate and supply pricing not readily recorded by pricing vendors
- Daily communication with pricing vendors on pricing challenges and querying their universe
- Monthly collection of vendor and dealer prices and aggregation in the pricing database
- Monthly participation in portfolio valuation process
- Timely response to queries affecting both the risk management system and the accounting system
- Manage special projects within Pricing Team
- Respond to internal/external ad hoc requests
Skills & Experience Required:
- Undergraduate degree with 5+ years of fixed income and/or middle office experience.
- Understanding of fixed income securities
- Proficiency in VBA and SQL programming is a plus
- Organized, detail oriented and extremely thorough while having the confidence and communication skills to ensure work processes are completed accurately and appropriately
- Excellent time management and ability to multitask
- Proficiency in all Microsoft products required with a particular emphasis on Excel
- Limited travel is required
About Guggenheim Investments:
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives
Darrin heads Guggenheim’s Cross-Functional Project Team in the Chicago Office. He focuses his energies on high-priority management, operations, and sales distribution investment projects.
Back to top