Portfolio Operations Analyst
Guggenheim is seeking an exceptional fixed income Portfolio Operations Analyst to support the operations team related to the fixed income and credit focused investment portfolios of several life insurance companies. The Portfolio Operations Analyst will be responsible for tracking and monitoring the investment portfolios, facilitating settlement of investments, coordinating with trading venues and counterparties; in addition to providing periodic portfolio attribution and performance reports to the management team. The candidate must demonstrate a strong knowledge of fixed income securities, metrics, and risk measures, along with strong quantitative and computational skills. Concise writing and communication skills are very important. Attention to detail is a must.
This position is based in our Chicago office.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Process and confirm details of all trading activity in fixed income portfolios.
- Oversee the flow of information through the order management system and ensure efficient integration with trade execution platforms.
- Develop expertise of developments in the fixed income portfolio management and trading arenas, in particular the increased usage of electronic trading platforms and tools.
- Participates in a team responsible for investment operations workflows in the Blackrock Aladdin operating system including trade settlements, corporate actions, data integrity and collateral management.
- Track cash balances and investment pipeline to ensure sufficient liquidity to meet business objectives.
- Reconcile investment portfolio cash balances and asset positions in order to ensure that information in the data capture system is correct.
- Review and reconcile securities set up in the data capture system against terms expressed in a transaction document. Communicate discrepancies to various operations team to ensure that investment terms are reflected correctly in financial and management reports.
- Develop and maintain relationships with counterparty front and back office teams.
- Documenting process flows and creating procedure manuals for the functions performed.
- Monitor portfolio holdings to ensure compliance with internal, client, and regulatory investment guidelines and limits.
- Adhoc reports and tasks as requested.
Skills & Experience Required:
- BA/BS with concentration in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or related fields from a top tier University.
- Prior experience (2+ years) in asset management, investment banking or corporate credit markets preferred; must have diverse knowledge of the bond market.
- Prior experience with Blackrock's Aladdin operating system a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with finance and accounting principles.
- Should be familiar with, and have knowledge of, the creation, organization, and retention of transaction documentation.
- Strong quantitative and computational skills.
- Experience with electronic fixed income trading systems a major plus.
- Team oriented individual.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required.
- Exceptional ability to manage tight timelines.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives
Darrin heads Guggenheim’s Cross-Functional Project Team in the Chicago Office. He focuses his energies on high-priority management, operations, and sales distribution investment projects.
Back to top