Portfolio Administration and Reconciliation Analyst
About the Position
Guggenheim is seeking an organized and detail oriented candidate to join its Portfolio Operations Cash Services Team. Reporting to the functional team leads, this person will be responsible for ensuring that cash across assigned portfolios are accurate on a daily basis. In addition to strong problem solving skills, the ideal candidate will be extremely thorough while having the confidence and communication skills to ensure work processes are completed accurately and appropriately.
The Portfolio Administration and Reconciliation Analyst role presents an opportunity to join a team that sits at the ‘hub’ of Guggenheim Investments at an exciting time of growth and evolution at all levels of the company. The position is located in the Chicago office.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Ensure that all cash is reconciled accurately, efficiently and on a timely basis
- Work with internal and external parties in order to resolve breaks, identify root causes and expedite resolution
- Monitor formal processes in order to ensure reconciliation processes meet standards established by internal and external auditors including SAS 70 procedures
- Assist the team leaders with the review of the Analysts’ deliverables and ensure that daily responsibilities are completed
- Pro-Actively work to develop process and procedures that improve quality and accuracy
- Assist with internal/external ad hoc requests
- Assist with special projects
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Experience Required
- 1-3 Years’ experience, preferred
- Undergraduate degree with a specialization in Finance and/or Accounting with strong academic performance
- Strong problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to take initiative and critically analyze processes and procedures in a push toward constant improvement
- Must have a strict attention to detail while able to prioritize issues appropriately
- Must be hands-on and be willing to roll up your sleeves to perform any and all responsibilities needed to ensure success
- Excellent Data Skills (Excel, VBA, Access, etc) and System Experience
- Desire to work in Investment Management space
- Strong desire to achieve CPA, CFA or CAIA credential
- Familiarity or prior experience with any of the following, a plus:
- Fixed Income Instruments
- Fund accounting
- Cash flows and transactions associated with securities (FI, EQ and Derivatives)
- BlackRock Solutions, e-PAM and/or Wall Street Office
About Guggenheim Investments
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives
Darrin heads Guggenheim’s Cross-Functional Project Team in the Chicago Office. He focuses his energies on high-priority management, operations, and sales distribution investment projects.
Back to top