Policy Service Representative
About the Position:
Guggenheim Life and Annuity is seeking a detailed and customer focused individual to join the Administration department as a Policy Service Representative. You will process transactions related to service for in‑force annuity contracts, which may include all financial and non-financial transactions and death claims. In this team-oriented role you may also perform limited research and analysis for requested transactions, respond to and communicate with outside annuity clients (agents, beneficiaries, trustees, attorneys, POA’s). In addition to demonstrated customer service experience with annuity contracts and insurance products, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to multi-task, analyze and solve annuity-related problems, be reliable and accountable for meeting department processing standards in a fast-paced and detail-oriented environment.
The position is located in the Indianapolis (north side) office.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Reviews and processes incoming annuity policy service requests which may include partial and full withdrawals, beneficiary and ownership changes, questions regarding complex contract provisions or values, annuitization quotes and illustrations. Researches, responds and/or processes tasks submitted by Customer Service Call Center.
- Reviews, analyzes and processes death claim distributions that may include establishing supplemental contracts, distributions under “stretch” processing, or lump sum distributions to single or multiple beneficiaries.
- Researches and responds to contract owners’ inquiries regarding their annuity contract by telephone, FAX, e-mail and written correspondence.
- Calculates taxable implications of financial transactions and reporting as needed to comply with state and federal regulations. Verifies and makes corrections or additions to Forms1099 or 5498 as needed.
- May provide back up for call center.
- Cross checks other team members work for accuracy and completeness.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Prefer Associate’s degree in Business or equivalent training or experience
- Professional designations such as LOMA’s Associate Life Management Institute (ALMI), Associate Customer Service (ACS), or Associate Annuity Products Administration (AAPA), Associate Secure Retirement Institute (ASRI) are extremely helpful and encouraged
- Prefer 1-3 years’ experience in life/annuity insurance industry (administration, new business or claims) with a solid understanding of insurance products
- Demonstrated knowledge of annuity contracts and income tax applications
- Strong communication skills, including oral and written skills
- Strong understanding of insurance and ability to analyze and understand income tax applications
- Strong analytical, organizational and math skills
- Ability to prioritize workflow, establish and meet deadlines, manage multiple concurrent tasks
- Flexibility in scheduling daily activities
- Ability to learn quickly and understand complex systems
- Proficient computer skills, including keyboarding, with thorough understanding of MS Word and Excel
In addition, the ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Responsible, reliable, and accountable
- Organized, multi-tasking, self-directed
- Team oriented
- Professional and diplomatic
- Innovative, inquisitive and intuitive
- Problem solver, analytical
About Guggenheim Life and Annuity Company:
Guggenheim Life and Annuity Company, a subsidiary of Guggenheim Partners, combines Guggenheim’s experience in managing assets for insurance companies with vast expertise and experience in life insurance industry. Guggenheim Life creates opportunities for clients to grow and maintain their wealth through innovative investment and insurance solutions. Our fixed annuity products are distributed through networks of independent marketing organizations and agents to customers in 48 states and the District of Columbia. For more information about Guggenheim Life and Annuity Company, please visit: www.guggenheimlife.com.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Back to top