PhD Research Fellow - Liquid Strategies Team
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Developing proprietary investment strategies and meta-strategies
- Contributing to the solution of complex and challenging mathematical problems applied to investment products
Skills & Experience Required
- Ph.D. in mathematics, applied mathematics, statistics, etc (planning to complete within the next few months or completed within the past year)
- Excellent development skills in Python, R and Matlab; C++ a plus but not required
- Expertise in machine learning, Bayesian statistics, signal processing and time series analysis.
- Familiarity with market microstructure theory and practice is a plus, but not required.
- Ability to handle large datasets, parallelization, cloud computing, efficient numerical algorithms, etc.
- P-side knowledge preferred over Q-side
- Proactive and solutions-oriented; innovative and results-driven
- Ability to share code and participate in the development of software with multiple contributors
- Ability to absorb new information quickly
- Comfortable in a fast paced environment
- Comfortable juggling multiple projects and managing time independently
- Excellent communication skills
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives
Darrin heads Guggenheim’s Cross-Functional Project Team in the Chicago Office. He focuses his energies on high-priority management, operations, and sales distribution investment projects.
Back to top