PhD Research Fellow: Guggenheim Insurance Services – Liquid Strategies
About the Position
Guggenheim is seeking an exceptional Research Fellow to join its Liquid Strategies team. Reporting to the Head of Liquid Strategies, this person will join a strong team working on extremely high-profile projects. The ideal candidate will have solid development skills in Python, R and Matlab, with C++ as a plus. In addition s/he will have a strong background in applied math, particularly machine learning, signal processing and time series analysis. Following the successful completion of the program, Research Fellows will be offered a permanent full-time or part-time position as quantitative researchers. The position is located in New York.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Developing proprietary investment strategies and meta-strategies
- Contributing to the solution of complex and challenging mathematical problems applied to investment products
Skills & Experience Required
- Ph.D. in mathematics, applied mathematics, statistics, etc (planning to complete within the next few months or completed within the past year)
- Excellent development skills in Python, R and Matlab; C++ a plus but not required
- Expertise in machine learning, Bayesian statistics, signal processing and time series analysis.
- Familiarity with market microstructure theory and practice is a plus, but not required.
- Ability to handle large datasets, parallelization, cloud computing, efficient numerical algorithms, etc.
- P-side knowledge preferred over Q-side
- Proactive and solutions-oriented; innovative and results-driven
- Ability to share code and participate in the development of software with multiple contributors
- Ability to absorb new information quickly
- Comfortable in a fast paced environment
- Comfortable juggling multiple projects and managing time independently
- Excellent communication skills
About Guggenheim Insurance Services
Guggenheim Insurance Services offers a unified set of advisory services to ensure efficiency and long-term success for insurance companies. GIS advises insurance company management teams on topics including asset liability management, best actuarial practices, capital management, cost structure benchmarks, expense management, M&A strategy and execution, product development, product strategy, and transactions and products.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Back to top