Operations Senior Associate (Loan Agency)
About the Position
Guggenheim is seeking an Operations Senior Associate to join the Loan Agency team. This individual will report to the Director of Loan Services and will be responsible for the creation and ongoing maintenance of originated loans in the agent system. The position requires close interaction with various parties including loan originators, legal, traders, and analysts as well as borrowers and lenders. This role will involve working in a dynamic team environment and presents opportunities to utilize interpretation and problem-solving skills in support of Loan Agency objectives and initiatives. The ideal candidate will possess a deep understanding of bank debt and fixed income securities.
The Operations Senior Associate role presents an opportunity to join a team that sits at the 'hub' of Guggenheim Investments at an exciting time of growth and evolution at all levels of the company. The position is located in the New York office.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Lead the Loan Agency team through the complete life cycle of a loan by coordinating funds movement related to the initial funding and closing of loans, monitoring ongoing debt maintenance, and ensuring payoffs and restructures are completed accurately and in accordance with loan documentation
- Serve as an escalation point for operational matters and inquiries raised by both internal teams and external loan parties
- Utilize credit agreements and other source documentation to extract relevant data points for loan setup and maintenance in the loan agency system and ensure compliance with the provisions of all loan documentation
- Oversee the maintenance of lender positions and accruals in the agency database by ensuring all assignment, paydown, rollover, rate set, conversion, and amendment activities are processed and reviewed
- Manage the coordination of borrower and lender correspondence and monitor loan-related inquiries to ensure they are addressed and resolved in a timely manner
- Coordinate new lender on-boarding with various internal teams
- Monitor the collection and disbursement of all loan payments and coordinate the setup and approval of outgoing wires
- Ensure all borrower and lender audit requests are completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Manage the preparation and monitoring of Loan Agency operational metrics and present them to the Global Head of Operations and other department heads and team leaders during quarterly performance reviews
- Complete ad hoc projects as needed
Skills & Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree with 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- At least three years of bank loan related experience is required
- Knowledge of CLOs and/or other structured products is a plus
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills and experience required
- Knowledge of Wall Street Office and Bloomberg a plus
- Organized, detail oriented and extremely thorough with strong problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced and challenging environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to collaborate with internal teams and external clients and service providers
About Guggenheim Investments
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Investment Research Analyst
Maria works on the Macroeconomics and Investment Research Team in the Santa Monica Office. She analyzes financial trends to help Guggenheim identify optimal investment solutions and monitor risks for their clients.
Back to top