Network Security Engineer 6
Guggenheim is seeking an exceptional Senior Information Security Engineer to join its IT Security Team in our New York or Chicago office. Reporting to an IT Security Leader, this person will join a highly collaborative team responsible for leading the implementation of complex security solutions including interconnectivity with third parties, market data providers, DMZ configuration and hardening. In addition to exceptional technical skills, the ideal candidate will demonstrate an ability to provide the highest level of support for troubleshooting incidents. The successful candidate will have experience updating problem records in an incident tracking system and be comfortable interacting with various individuals or in an ever-changing environment.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Provide technical support for complex, medium to high risk systems problems
- Instill cooperation and/or resolve problems on security related activities that span other areas such as network, database management, applications development, and other systems related areas
- Lead or direct efforts to rack, stack and install security equipment in any company location including enterprise data centers
- Serve as a project lead on one large project of significant size and complexity and of high risk or on multiple medium projects.
- Assist in designing and supporting the overall security architecture of the enterprise systems environment
- Design solutions to meet unique business requirements connecting and integrating systems of high complexity and with companywide impact
Skills & Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree with a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, EE or comparable discipline preferred
- Five plus years of hands on technical experience in an IT Security discipline
- Five plus years of hands on firewall design and implementation experience with Cisco ASA series devices
- Extensive knowledge with relevant experience in at least five of the following: third party connectivity architecture and design, DMZ network segmentation design best practices, Intrusion Detection/Prevention System tuning, security hardening techniques, F5 load balancing / application firewall design, antivirus / Endpoint protection design and implementation, vulnerability scanning lifecycle management, penetration testing remediation, and proxy architecture / design
- Sufficient level of knowledge in other technical areas such as database management and networking so incumbent can represent his/her area on major cross functional problems that span other areas
- Broad knowledge of diagramming and monitoring tools
- Excellent organizational skills and superior troubleshooting / problem solving ability
In addition, the ideal candidate will be or have:
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player attitude
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately
- Ability to explain complex problems and concepts to all levels in the organization
- Self-starter who can anticipate issues that could delay or impact projects or create production problems and proactively resolve them without direction from others
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Investment Research Analyst
Maria works on the Macroeconomics and Investment Research Team in the Santa Monica Office. She analyzes financial trends to help Guggenheim identify optimal investment solutions and monitor risks for their clients.
Back to top