About the Position
Guggenheim Life and Annuity is seeking an experienced Modeling Actuary to join the Actuarial department. In this role you will develop and prepare reports and perform detailed financial, statistical, quantitative and qualitative analyses and modeling utilizing multiple tools and databases to forecast and drive business strategies. You will collaborate with other team members to proactively solve problems and make recommendations. In addition to excellent skills using actuarial modeling software, the ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent analytical and interpersonal skills, advanced oral, written and presentation skills, the ability to clearly articulate complex information to others and experience mentoring other staff. The position is located in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Build, maintain and validate financial models for reinsurance pricing, in-force and new business rate setting, cash flow testing, DAC, reserve valuation, and corporate planning
- Produce, summarize and analyze projections to support management and regulatory needs
- Streamline and automate the projection, valuation and financial reporting processes.
- Maintain well-controlled MG-ALFA or ArcVal models and updates all assumptions following the assumption governance process
- Collaborate with individuals throughout the organization to optimize financial results, with a particular emphasis on model efficiency and effectiveness along with data integrity in all reports
Skills & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Finance, Statistics, Economics Business Administration or related field
- Minimum 5-7 years professional experience, with modeling and data analysis and experience in a related role
- FSA designation; career ASA with additional experience will be considered
- Well rounded professional experience with broad exposure to the various actuarial disciplines, preferably within annuities, capital markets and/or reinsurance
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills and the ability to clearly articulate complex information to others
- Must be able to work well in a dynamic team environment and be willing to contribute where needs arise
- Ability to apply sound judgment regarding decisions that could potentially impact a number of different departments or external operating groups.
- Knowledge of MG-AL:FA for liability modeling, Bond Edge for asset modeling and Arcval for financial reporting and valuation
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills necessary, as well as competency with other MS Office applications
In addition, the ideal candidate will be or have:
- Proactive and forward thinking
- Ownership and accountability
- Strong tolerance of ambiguity
- Internally driven and self-motivated
- Strong problem solving skills; analytical
- Inquisitive and innovative; intellectual curiosity
- Forward-looking, including the ability to anticipate questions and develop responses in advance
- Results oriented
About Guggenheim Life and Annuity
Guggenheim Life and Annuity Company, a subsidiary of Guggenheim Partners, combines Guggenheim’s experience in managing assets for insurance companies with vast expertise and experience in life insurance industry. Guggenheim Life creates opportunities for clients to grow and maintain their wealth through innovative investment and insurance solutions. Our fixed annuity products are distributed through networks of independent marketing organizations and agents to customers in 48 states and the District of Columbia. For more information about Guggenheim Life and Annuity Company, please visit: www.guggenheimlife.com.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Back to top