Microsoft Application Engineer
This position is located in New York.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Apply technical expertise and work independently within scope, receiving moderate guidance and direction from work team and/or manager on large, new tasks
- Develop and build complex application systems
- Responsible for the development and support of applications, which provide essential solutions for clients; may include debugging current systems or programming enhancements or modules of new systems
- Assess IT standards and strategies and business needs to guide well-informed decisions
- Write complex code and maintain continuous integrations and processes
Skills & Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Management Information Systems or equivalent work experience
- 3-6 years of relevant work experience in Information Technology within the financial services industry, as well as a some combination of the following:
- Developing and managing enterprise applications on the .NET framework, Web Services and Windows Services
- Experience with messaging and workflow frameworks, like NServiceBus.
- 1-2 years' experience with modern JS technologies, such as AngularJS and ReactJS
- Working with N-tier client/server system within an SOA environment, RESTFUL web services, JSON and OData, C#
- Working within the Data Access Layer with Object Relational Mapping (ORM) (Entity Framework), and an understanding of RDBMS modeling and design
- Knowledge of CSS Frameworks (Twitter Bootstrap/Compass/Susy)
- Working with various testing frameworks within a TDD process, n-unit, MS test, selinum, scripting languages (PowerShell, Ruby) used in the context of building and deploying code, and Continuous Integration environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven track record of systems delivery
Skills & Experience Desired
- Experience with advanced windows frameworks and design patterns
- SQL Server development (proficiency with T-SQL and data modeling)
- Experience with Behavioral Driven Design and respective frameworks (ex. Spec flow)
- Understanding of Domain Driven Design
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Investment Research Analyst
Maria works on the Macroeconomics and Investment Research Team in the Santa Monica Office. She analyzes financial trends to help Guggenheim identify optimal investment solutions and monitor risks for their clients.
Back to top