About the Position
The MBS Analyst will assist in the sourcing and evaluation of non-Agency RMBS, including legacy RMBS, ABS CDOs, 2.0 RMBS, CRT, Re-securitizations, and NPL/RPL in new issue and secondary markets. The RMBS Analyst is responsible for monitoring portfolio pricing, maintaining cash flow projections, and generating and aggregating investment documentation.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Conduct authoritative review of deal collateral and structure for presentation to senior team members and credit committee.
- Maintain up-to-date views on the health of residential real estate, borrower credit trends, and developments in mortgage finance.
- Assist in development of research notes, credit memos and ad-hoc reporting
- Develop, maintain, and manage RMBS credit risk surveillance reports for presentation to desk management and portfolio managers
- Develop expertise with existing underwriting tools and models. Support the scoping and project management of technology initiatives
- Monitor market liquidity, trading developments, and dealer axes for communication to desk management, PMs, and client service professionals
- Maintain awareness of current and emerging internal credit views, credit approval status, analytical modeling considerations, and up-to-date deal information to support accurate trading practices
- Interact with portfolio managers to provide pricing, liquidity and trade timing feedback for trades under evaluation.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to junior team members in the areas of bond market functions, fixed income fundamentals, and RMBS analysis and trading. Maintain a high level of professional conduct and adherence to firm and desk policies as a model for junior team members.
- Ensure accurate trade entry and analytics reporting on trade tickets
- Provide updated cash flows and security information as needed to relevant GPIM groups
- Oversee complex trade settlement situations
- Conduct review of daily and monthly pricing for RMBS securities. Providing documentation and commentary as needed.
- Provide support for pricing and trade compliance inquiries
Skills & Experience Required
- 3-5 years in research, analysis, and trading of MBS with a significant concentration in Credit RMBS
- MBA and CFA or equivalent educational background.
- Experience with industry standard tools including Intex, YieldBook, BRS Anser
- Strong credit, finance, economic, business and technical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of the development, uses, and limitations of RMBS credit models
- Ability to multi task across analytical, administrative, and research activities in a detail oriented and timely manner.
- Strong commitment to performance and accuracy of work product.
- Team oriented individual with ability to work well with diverse groups.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Investment Research Analyst
Maria works on the Macroeconomics and Investment Research Team in the Santa Monica Office. She analyzes financial trends to help Guggenheim identify optimal investment solutions and monitor risks for their clients.
Back to top