Macro & Public Policy Strategy Analyst
About the Position
Guggenheim is seeking a qualified analyst to join its Macro & Public Policy Strategy team. In addition to a high aptitude for gathering and synthesizing relevant economic data, the ideal candidate will demonstrate a fluency in statistical and financial modeling. Candidate must demonstrate excellent communication skills and be comfortable developing investment recommendations. The ability to convey an investment message verbally and through a written research report is key to the success of this hire.
The position is located in the firm's New York office.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Econometric analysis for the Macro & Public Policy Strategy team
- Researching macroeconomic and corporate trends
- Building forecasting models for corporate fundamentals - profitability, debt service & valuation
- Researching thematic secular investable trends
- Business cycle analysis
Skills & Experience Required
- Graduate degree or equivalent in economics, international economics, MBA or related field is required.
- Strong background in macroeconomics and understanding of financial markets.
- Deep understanding of the construction and implications of economic data/monetary policy/fiscal policy across the economy and global markets.
- Strong quantitative skills including econometrics and statistics
In addition, the ideal candidate will be...
- Proactive & solutions-oriented; innovative
- Deep interest in economics, public policy, history and markets
- Responsive to internal & external client needs
- Collaborative, energized by the open exchange of ideas, contrarian thinker
- Communicative, inquisitive
About Guggenheim Securities
Guggenheim Securities is the investment banking and capital markets business of Guggenheim Partners. Guggenheim Securities offers a full range of services that fall into four broad categories: Advisory, Sales and Trading, Financing, and Research. Guggenheim Securities is headquartered in New York, with additional offices in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, and San Francisco.
About Guggenheim Partners
Guggenheim Partners is a global investment and advisory firm with more than $305 billion1 in assets under management. Across our three primary businesses of investment management, investment banking, and insurance services, we have a track record of delivering results through innovative solutions. With more than 2,300 professionals worldwide as of December 31, 2017, based in over 25 offices in six countries and headquarters in New York and Chicago. Our commitment is to advance the strategic interests of our clients and to deliver long-term results with excellence and integrity. We invite you to learn more about our expertise and values by visiting GuggenheimPartners.com and following us on Twitter at twitter.com/guggenheimptnrs .
1(Assets under management are as of 12.31.2017 and include consulting services for clients whose assets are valued at approximately $66bn.)
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Investment Research Analyst
Maria works on the Macroeconomics and Investment Research Team in the Santa Monica Office. She analyzes financial trends to help Guggenheim identify optimal investment solutions and monitor risks for their clients.
Back to top