Leveraged Finance - Sell Side Junior Credit Analyst
About the Position
Guggenheim Securities is seeking a Junior Analyst to join its Credit Sector Strategy team. This person will support a senior analyst in a highly collaborative team responsible for analyzing credit and industry risk associated with high yield bond and loan issuers and making investment recommendations on these credits. In addition to valuation and modeling abilities, the ideal candidate will demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills. Current sell-side experience preferred.
The position is located in the firm’s New York office.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Assist the senior analysts in conducting fundamental company and industry analysis to help generate actionable investment recommendations for customers of the firm and the trading desk
- Build and maintain financial models
- Draft credit notes on company news and trading ideas,
- Prepare marketing materials for clients
- Assist with new deal transaction execution
- Respond to client and internal inquiries regarding research findings and directives
Skills & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-3 years of experience in corporate credit analysis; sell-side experience preferred
- Specific sector experience in telecomm is a plus
- Computer proficiency required in Excel, Word and Bloomberg
- Strong quantitative skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
About Guggenheim Securities
Guggenheim Securities is the investment banking and capital markets business of Guggenheim Partners. Guggenheim Securities offers a full range of services that fall into four broad categories: Advisory, Sales and Trading, Financing, and Research. Guggenheim Securities is headquartered in New York, with additional offices in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, and San Francisco.
About Guggenheim Partners
Guggenheim Partners is a global investment and advisory firm with more than $240 billion1 in assets under management. Across our three primary businesses of investment management, investment banking, and insurance services, we have a track record of delivering results through innovative solutions. With 2,500 professionals based in over 25 offices in eight countries, our commitment is to advance the strategic interests of our clients and to deliver long-term results with excellence and integrity. We invite you to learn more about our expertise and values by visiting GuggenheimPartners.com and following us on Twitter at twitter.com/guggenheimptnrs.
1Assets under management are as of June 30, 2016 and include consulting services for clients whose assets are valued at approximately $57 billion.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Back to top